I Want You but I Don't Need You ☻

Jared's POV

I'd made so many mistakes in the past with this relationship. I loved her, honest, I did. But now? I just don't feel it anymore and it fucking sucks because she's so good to me. Just looking at her now, I had love for her but I wasn't in love.

Y/N stumbles through the living room as I watch, a towel wrapped around her

Y/N stumbles through the living room as I watch, a towel wrapped around her. It almost made me fall apart, I have so much love for this girl.

"Who put the bicycle in the middle of the room?" She smirks and rings the bike bell playfully.

"Guilty," I sigh and saunter towards her, pulling her small figure into my arms.

"We still going out?" I hear her whisper against my chest.

"Yeah, babe. Whatever you want to do tonight".

I was either going to make the biggest mistake in my life or the best choice.

Your POV

The room goes quiet, and I look up into his beautiful eyes.

"J?" He hums in response. "I think I'm getting your shirt wet," I giggle but he holds me anyway.

"Do you want me to let go?" He asks.

"No".

---Two hours later---

Jared had been acting weird all night, something was definitely bothering him.

"Hey, let's sit," he says and pulls me into the nearest bar, pulling my chair closer to his. "Do you still want this?" He questions and I awkwardly laugh.

"What, a beer?" He sighs and moves his hands from my chair.

"Us. Do you want us?" My hands begin to tremble.

"I do. I love you, Jared-" I reach to touch his face but he jerks away. "Hey, talk to me". I know my voice is shaky but I can't help it.

"I loved you once, Y/N. I really did".

"Jared. Wh-what are you saying?" His hand grazes over the knee of my jeans, burning my skin underneath.

"I don't- I'm sorry I just feel like there's something between us now. I don't know what's changed, but it happened for a reason," he replies, and keeps his eyes glued to the ground.

I shake my head and tears of anger fall. "Stop, Jared. You don't mean this," I cry and he finally makes eye contact with me.

"I want to need you so bad, Y/N. I'm trying so hard but I don't want it to be pretend-" I grab my bag and run out the door before he can finish.

 I'm trying so hard but I don't want it to be pretend-" I grab my bag and run out the door before he can finish

I know he watches me leave because I still look back, I'll always look back if it's for Jared.

It hadn't even been five minutes when my phone buzzed, a text from Jared...