Joker Fakes His Death To Protect You ☻ Finale!

A/N: Trigger Warning- Mention of suicide.

Your POV
I've already received six letters from family members, sending their respects. I burned every single one. Nothing about me was the same since Joker died 3 months ago. I hardly sleep, eat or talk.

"Y/N, the henchmen and I think you should eat something," Caspar says, crossing his arms as he leans on my desk. "Joker wouldn't be happy if he knew how badly you're treating himself," he adds on, as though it had any influence on me, I've been hearing the same thing every day. I roll my eyes and stand up abruptly.

"Don't say his name". Caspar shifts awkwardly before deciding he won't get anywhere with his request. "Caspar, wait," I beg and watch him turn in the door way.

"What's up?"

"Why did he do it?" It was the first time I've ever talked about the incident to anyone.

"Uhh... I think he was just depressed or something," bullshit. Joker used to tell me how happy he was every morning we woke up together.

"I still see him sometimes," I whisper, and my eyes fill up with tears that don't fall. "I hallucinate him standing in my room, walking with me outside, sleeping next to me," I sit down and glance at Caspar who is fidgeting. "Why so nervous?" He kneels down by my knees.

"He's gone, Y/N. I'm so sorry. Come hang out with the other henchmen," he says, trying to smile.

"Nah. I think I'm going to go for a drive". He gets up again.

"It's dark, we'll go with you-" he starts saying.

"No. I want to go alone". He watches as I pack up a small bag, before he takes out his phone and walks to another room to make a call.

"Alright, that sounds good boss," I hear Caspar say into the phone.

"Who are you talking to, Caspar?" He shuts the door in my face. Clearly, no one wants me around. Joker was the only one who needed me.

---20 minute drive later---

The roads begin to seem endless and my head starts to turn. "Just let the Joker go, he's gone," I whisper to myself, and bang my head on the window, overwhelmed with all my emotions. My hand reaches for the necklace J gave me on our last real date.

I rip the necklace from my neck and exit the car, wiping tears from my face

I rip the necklace from my neck and exit the car, wiping tears from my face. The wind whistles in my ear and trees shake around me, as the sky darkens with each footstep. A bridge is up ahead so I run towards it. Swinging over the rails of the bridge, I hold the necklace over the water. I was going to drop it and be done with J, maybe I'd drop myself. I hate when I think this way, I hate how I'm feeling right now. Would the water stop my pain? Maybe not.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You're gone for 3 months and people try to kill themselves," a man laughs, sauntering out of the shadows. I grip the necklace in my hand and struggle to turn around, holding the bridge with a trembling hand. The man has dark brown hair but strikingly resembles someone I know. He jumps over the railing of the bridge and confidently walks to where I am.

"Who... who are you?" I ask, distracted by him completely. I look at his eyes and for a split second, I forget where we are, accidentally releasing the railing. Now I would die, by accident. I scream, when suddenly the stranger runs and grabs my arms, swinging me back into him.

 I scream, when suddenly the stranger runs and grabs my arms, swinging me back into him

"Shit!" He says, as he grips onto me.

I'm holding onto him so tightly that I realize I've dropped my necklace. "My necklace! No, no, no, J gave me that!" I cry out and the stranger shushes me.

"We can get you a new one, Y/N". I slowly turn to look at the stranger, who is only three inches away from my face.

"I'm seeing him again," I say more so to my self.

"Who?" He asks, and safely pulls us over the railing.

"Joker. I'm sorry," I stumble away from the stranger.  "You look just like him". He grins and opens his arms.

"Remember me?" The last words Joker said to me. I run forward to feel his face.

"OH MY GOD!! J, why do you look like this?" I ask, unable to stop touching and kissing his face.

"They- Batman and the people at the asylum told me I had to change my look, so no one could recognize me. They died my hair a boring color (if you have brown hair, he said, "but I mean, it looks beautiful on you") and my tattoos are just covered. I had to get to a weapon safely, to defend us without being recognized." I nod my head and look away, dizzy with disbelief. "I love you, I'm going to be with you forever now. I promise". I reluctantly look into his eyes and he smiles.

 I reluctantly look into his eyes and he smiles

"Can we go home now, J?"

He nods his head, "I've been waiting to hear you say that".

"I want my green mop back". Joker puts an arm around me and walks me to the car.

"Me too, doll. Me too"