You Call Him When You Have a Nightmare ☻

Warning: Mention of rape

You POV
"I just want to play, Y/N. Promise I won't hurt you too bad," the man growls and slams both my arms above my head.

"You don't have to do this. Please, I'm not ready to do this. I'm only (your age)". He smirks and starts biting my neck. "Please. I'm begging you... stop".

"You want more, huh?" He puts his hand up my shirt, roughly tearing off the bra. "Fucking slut".

"STO-"

I jerk forward in bed and wipe the sweat from my forehead. What if that man was here, hiding? Pulling the covers off the bed with me, I walk over to the frost-covered window. The sky is as dark as ink and the wind is blowing against the house roughly. Something downstairs drops and I run back to the bed. He's here. Joker wasn't going to be back until next weekend because he was on one of his most important jobs. There was nothing I could do but call. So with a shaky hand, I reach for the phone.

After several rings, he finally answers. "Y/N?" He says into the phone.

"J! I think there's someone in the house," I whisper yell. From his end of the phone, I can hear shuffling around and distant talking.

"Woah, what's happening?" He asks and I can practically hear the worry in his voice. "Where are you?"

"At home. J, I had a nightmare about something terrible and I think someone is going to get me and they're in this HOUSE!" I gasp for breath and wait for his 'you're okay, it's not real' speech.

"Look, it's alright. I'll come. Just wait for me, all right?"

My heart beats faster at the thought I'm going to be in his arms soon enough

My heart beats faster at the thought I'm going to be in his arms soon enough. I sit with my back against the wall and cry into the phone, too afraid to talk and be heard.

"Aren't you in China, Joker?"

"Yeah but I'll be there soon. Hey, you still there?" I squeeze my eyes shut and listen to the imaginary footsteps on the stairs. "Y/N?"

"I'm here, I'm here. Please hurry, J. I love you," I tell him and hang up the phone.

---Four hours later of being scared shitless---

I hear a door open and I burry my head in my knees even farther. The bedroom door opens and I bite my lip hard enough for it to bleed when the person lifts me to stand. But instead of feeling a bullet through my head, arms wrap around me and Joker's scent of death fills the room.

 But instead of feeling a bullet through my head, arms wrap around me and Joker's scent of death fills the room

"I'm here. Do you want to talk about the dream?"

"Nightmare. And no, You won't want to hear it," I mumble, the tears drying almost immediately on my face.

"Tell me, baby. Please".

"In the nightmare, you were gone somewhere and I guess someone got into the house. Th- they tried to rape me".

"Did they?" He breathes into my ear, his deep voice making me feel protected.

"No I woke up".

"Right and I'm here now, so nothing will happen". He kisses the side of my neck and rubs my arms protectively. "Let's go to sleep now, ok?" We fall back onto the bed and I ask him what was happening with the business deal.

"I got it closed two minutes before you called. Don't worry yourself. Now go to sleep. I'll stay awake till you're dreaming good thoughts about me".

"About you?" He strokes my arm gently.

"Yeah, about me".