"I couldn't get to you on time" ☻

Your POV

"The fuck you're going to be working with Harley!" (A/N: lol that was fast) I yell at Joker and push him away as he continues in trying to advance towards me.

"Awe, babygirl, you know ya don't have to be jealous," he says with a smirk, finally managing to hold me in his iron grip.

"J, get off!" I squeal as I feel one of his hands start snaking around my waist.

"It's just one expedition, Y/N," he whispers against my hair, and I smile at his attempt to be reassuring.

"I-I don't care, Joker. I want you all to myself," I stutter as his other hand slides down to my waist. "How long is the plan going to take anyway?"

"You should know, you have a small part in this adventure too," he reminds me, "but to answer your question, I'll be preparing with Harley for two nights-"

"NO"

"Y/N, plea-"

"You spending two nights with Harley is like me spending two nights with a sex god," I cry out and he shift uncomfortably (he never knows what to do when I cry).

Instead of comforting me, he gets defensive. "You don't trust me?!"

"No, I don't. She was your 'first love', Joker! You told me so yourself!" I scream back at him and he lets go of me, leaning against a wall.

"For fuck's sake, we're not going to do anything, Y/N!" he rubs his temples in annoyance and tries to touch my arms, but I jerk away.

He glares at me then looks away. "Fine, be like this. I have to go to the hotel and discuss the plans. I'll see you at the club when you do your part in the plan," he says and storms out.

---11:00pm---

I hike my skirt up a little, attracting the target's attention... and Joker's.

"What's your name, sugah?" the target says, and pats his knee for me to sit. I smile teasingly and straddle his lap.

"You can call me babygirl". He smiles and I glance over at Joker, who stands up abruptly before trying to play it off as him needing a drink.

"I like that, babygirl". I watch as the target reaches into his pocket and I get a bad feeling. "You wanna know what I don't like though?" the target asks me and I shake my head no, watching his hand intently. "Liars-"

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. "Shit," I heard Joker's raspy voice ring out from behind me. Everything was crimson then, the metal of the blade clanged against the floor as I fell from the target's lap. The target was dead and Joker's gun slipped from his hands as he jumped tables to reach me.

 The target was dead and Joker's gun slipped from his hands as he jumped tables to reach me

"Baby... I'm so sorry. Stay still, we've got the best doctors coming for you," Joker says and I look down in shock when I feel a pressure on the wound. "Don't worry, I'm slowing the bleeding". I watch as his hair comes undone from the gel and falls in front of his face. "I just couldn't get to you on time," he starts to shake, and cradles my head with his legs.

"Goodbye, Joker. I love you".

"No, Y/N, stop it, don't say that!"

Joker's POV

I hate myself, the last thing that happened between us before this whole crisis was a stupid argument. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the doctor stumbles towards me, Y/N's blood covering his coat. "I hate to give you this news, Joker, but Y/N Y/L/N is dead".

 "I hate to give you this news, Joker, but Y/N Y/L/N is dead"

I loved you and I lost you. I just couldn't get to you on time.