Hurts So Good ☻

A/N: You wanna know what else hurts so good? Reading lifesxcksss imagines ♡

Your POV
I met a psycho path two months ago and I loved him. I know, not how the typical intro goes for a y/a (your age) girl. I saw him first at a club in Gotham. My friends had finally convinced me to go out after a two year commitment to some cookie cutter guy. Cookie cutter as in he would buy me flowers and call me non stop. At some parties, he would cling to me, afraid that some other guy would scoop me up. Anyway, Joker was completely different. It was like loving the moon. It was beautiful and seemed to disappear but always returned. This is the story of my relationship that hurt so good.

Tuesday morning:
After three days of not seeing Joker, I got a text asking me to skip school/work for one day so that we could run around the city. Of course I said yes, I didn't want to be away from him anymore. J showed up outside of my house and held his arms wide open when he saw me at the door.

"Come on, baby," he growled and I jumped into his arms. He puts me back down and hands me a necklace. "Whatcha think?" His eyes glisten as he watches me look over the gold choker.

"What does Puddin mean?" I tease, considering I've been calling him that for the past four months.

"Shut up". He grabs the necklace from me and kisses my neck before clipping it on. "Close your eyes, pumpkin". I close my eyes and feel his hands sliding down my shoulders, around my waist.

"I love-," I start to say those three words when he cuts me off.

"I want to take you to a club. A dark place where anything could happen," his deep voice whispers, giving me chills. I feel bad that he didn't want to hear me say that I loved him. So I just nod my head, lost for words. "Good. I'm going now doll, but be ready at 11:00 pm for me".

"What about me skipping...?" I open my eyes again and turn to look at him again but he's already leaving the driveway in his Lamborghini.

---11:00pm---

A loud honk sounds from outside of my house and I rush down to get the door. Joker stands outside in a red dress shirt, leaving most of it undone.

"You look beau-sexy," he corrects himself and I look down a little. Why couldn't he just tell me he thought I was beautiful. I was, wasn't I? "Come on," he groans after I don't speak and helps me into the car.

Music is blasting throughout the club. It's a twisted echoed sound that warps through the room. Joker seems to enjoy it as I hold his arm close to me. We both down drinks like water, I've never done this with my ex. J leads me out to a balcony and we stand, holding each other close.

"Puddin. Can I tell you something?" He grins at the nickname and rubs my arms encouragingly. "We've been together a while now and I just wanted to say something I've been meaning to get off my chest. I lo-" he backs away from my and holds a liquor smelling finger to my lips, shushing me. He looks angry and I just stay quiet, waiting for him to say something. He doesn't give me a word and walks away, leaving me standing by myself. After a few minutes of being in the cold, I run to go find him. "J?!" I frantically search for him and his henchmen but they're all gone, as though they were never even here.

---Three months later---

A loud knock sounds from downstairs. I rush to throw a cardigan over my night shirt and go down the steps slowly. Joker is standing outside, a bothered look on his face. I open the door and step out, relieved to see him for the fist time in months.

"J... I missed you so much". He looks me up and down before leaning back against the wooden pillar of my porch.

"We need to talk". I nod my head and close the door behind me.

"Yeah, I think we do. Are you mad at me?" He shakes his head no and smiles sadly.

"Look, I really do care about you, J. If it's because you don't want me anymore then just tell me. I l-" he cuts me off again and gets in my face.

"Stop saying that, Y/N!" I flinch back and my eyes drop to the floor.

"Why don't you want me to say it to you?" I tremble, feeling the tears fill my eyes and blur my vision.

"That not what I want to talk about. Just move on from it". I get angry out of nowhere and push him away as he starts to try to hug me.

"Why don't you want to hear me say I love you!? I love you so much it hurts and I'm putting myself out there for you and you just break me down!" He stumbles back and sits on the porch railing.

"It's complicated. You will never understand. You can't love me," he whispers.

"Why not?!" He doesn't raise his voice like I thought he would.

"Y/N. There is nobody else for me, and I don't want anybody else". My heart breaks as he looks away from me.

"You don't mean that, Joker," I sniffle as he storms down the porch steps

"I don't love you. I don't need you, alright!?" I cry as I watch him leave. I loved him with all my heart and he left because he was too afraid to be in love.

Joker's POV
When I leave someone, I'm never phased. Even when I left Harley I was fine, but Y/N was different. I don't know if I loved her but I definitely needed her.

"Boss. You want something to eat?" Caspar asks and walks into my room with another henchman. I throw a knife right above their heads without looking up and the door closes on their way out.

I've been out of it since I left her and I'll be out of it for the rest of my fucking miserable life.