You Attend Joker and Harley's Wedding ☻ Pt. 1

Your POV
How would you feel on your wedding day? Probably ecstatic knowing that you were going to spend the rest of your life with the one person you love most in this life. For me, that was Joker. Everything about him was the worst and the best. Today was his day, not mine. We kept in touch with each other after breaking up a year ago and he moved on fast. I stand in the church doorway, not worried about blocking the way because I arrived two hours early. It was quiet and beautiful, the colors from the glass windows painted the white church carpet. I had to be able to sit through this wedding, for him.

"Beautiful," a deep voice comments from behind me.

"Wh- oh yes. I was just admiring the glass," I whisper and feel Joker's presence next to me.

"Right, the glass. I remember when I told you I was going to marry you here". I look up at him surprised. This is his wedding day, it wasn't about me.

"I guess things don't really turn out as planned". We stand side by side a while longer before others start arriving.

"PUDDIN!!!" Squeals Harley as she bounds into the room wearing a gorgeous white dress. She actually looks perfect.

"Darling. This is my old friend, Y/N," he says and waves over me with a kind smile.

"It's a pleasure," she touches my arm lightly and drags Joker over to the front to talk privately.

Caspar comes in next and smiles when he sees me. "You look amazing," he grins and I loop my arm in his casually.

"Thanks. You clean up well too". We walk around the enormous church a while when he starts talking about Joker and I.

"So... I'm guessing you're not still a thing," he jokes and I roll my eyes.

"By the looks of it, I think not," I mutter and watch as Joker and Harley get touchy with one another. "It really sucks. I was totally in love with him and now I have to forget about him completely". My heart wrenches at the thought of cutting him out of my life.

"You two can always be friends," Caspar points out and I shake my head vigorously, feeling too pained to really talk about this anymore.

"We're not gonna be friends". He nods his head out of respect for my choice.

"He still talks about you, y'know". I undo my arm from his as he leans against one of the walls. "But he also told me not to tell you that," he face palms himself. "Because he said he didn't love you anymore". My heart breaks but I can't cry on J's wedding day, not for myself and especially not in the church where they are to be married.

"Would you excuse me?" I tremble and turn to leave.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Caspar whispers as I leave.

Once I leave the church, I tear the necklace Joker gave to me from my neck and throw it on the ground

Once I leave the church, I tear the necklace Joker gave to me from my neck and throw it on the ground. It wasn't for me to wear now. The wedding would be better without me, I think to myself and get in my car. The tears finally fall from my eyes without needing to blink. My hands shake as I try to wipe them away.

Goodbye, Joker.