1

"Lily, call me back when you get this." I heard the familiar voice of Ian say. His voice seeming sore and cracked like he'd just woken up. "Have a great day at work and I hope you enjoy New York as much as you talk about it, anyway I know the time difference is big there but call me and I'll pick up, bye."

I smiled at the message from my brother turning my voice mail off and turning on some music while I got dressed. The slow hum of music made me forget it was nearly four in the morning. I yawned automatically and set out my outfit, plain black trousers, white blouse and a black blazer.

Even with my tiredness I couldn't wait, my first day as a FBI agent. This has been my dream ever since I was young, playing spy's with my big brother and hiding under the swings at school to call up 'back up' as he got away from the crime scene. I smiled at the memory as I looked over my outfit in the mirror and placed some small black heels on and put my dark hair into a ponytail.

Well I wasn't an official FBI agent yet, I needed to get my badge. Which I'd be doing today and then probably just paperwork. I huffed when saw how exhausted I looked. I'd moved in to my new apartment weeks ago just to make sure that I had everything I needed, passport, ID, car licence. Moving from London to New York things have changed. Especially time differences.

I opened the drawer that I had filled with makeup and applied some to my face making sure I didn't put too much on. When everything seemed just about right I turned my music off and grabbed my handbag, keys and signature red lipstick and walked out of my apartment locking it behind me.

***

The walk to the FBI offices didn't take long, I had moved close enough so it was only a twenty minute walk which I had delayed to get a fresh cup of coffee and donut. I almost laughed when I bought it seeing how much I was playing into the whole New York cop stereotype.

I quickly put the napkin in the bin and walked into the building, passing hallways and pressing the lift. I checked my phone as it said which floor I needed to be and when. I was ten minutes early, I smiled and the lift doors open revealing crowds of men and women in suits and briefcases. I moved aside so they could step out and some of them gave me polite nods while others just passed. I walked into the lift, pressed the correct number and sipped my black coffee, my red lips leaving a stain on the cup.

I couldn't believe this was happening, I was going to be an agent. I'm going to be a FBI agent. I'm living in New York. I couldn't contain my smile as the lift doors dinged open. I pulled my handbag closer to me and then put my empty coffee cup in the bin when I walked out of the lift. 

The office was white and covered in glass, I opened the glass door in front of me and I saw people sat on desks typing, people sipping coffee and flicking over folders. I looked at my phone again and it said I had to meet agent Burke. I looked around I'm sure I looked lost. 

"Hello, can I help?" A man said in front of me, I turned my head so I was face to face with the man. He was smiling politely, his dark skin contrasting with his bright smile. Automatically I smiled back. 

"Hi, I'm Lily Scarlet?" I asked as a question to see if he knew who I was. "I'm here to see agent Burke, I've transferred from London to be an agent." 

"Oh yes, of course." He said putting his hand out for me to shake which I did. "Agent Jones, but just call me Clinton." He said smiling as he did so. I smiled again and I could feel my heart beating surly five times a second. This was actually happening, I was actually becoming an agent. 

"Nice to meet you Clinton." I said, Clinton then walked in front and I walked beside him. 

"I'll introduce you to Agent Burke and then you'll get your badge." He said noticing my grin he just laughed slightly shaking his head. "Excited much?" 

I chuckled "You have no idea." We walked up some glass steps until we reached a hallway with rooms with desks, the walls were clear glass so we could see what was going on, I looked over and saw men and women in different ones. All on the computer typing away at some case. I refrained squealing when I realised I would be able to be on my own case soon. 

Clinton then stopped in front of a clear room which had a man sat on a chair typing away at a computer and another man sat away from me, he was wearing a black hat and his hair slightly sticking out at the sides. Clinton then knocked on the door and opened it, walking in. 

"Burke." He said and the man at the computer looked up, he had short mousy brown hair, light brown eyes and some prominent dark circles under his eyes probably from staying up working. I stood beside Clinton as he spoke my hands finding each other "Lily Scarlet is here, she said that you've been expecting her." 

"Yes I have." Burke said standing up and walking towards me, he was about the same size as me with my heels on if not a bit taller. He smiled as he walked towards me he put his hand out to shake like Clinton had done before. I smiled politely and shook it.  

"Lily Scarlet, it's a pleasure to meet you sir." I said, when I spoke the man who was sat down turned around taking off his hat flicking it in his hand as he did so. Burke just smiled and I took my hand away from his. 

"You don't need to call me that just call me Peter." He said and I just nodded still smiling. "Thank you for showing Lily the way Clinton." I looked over and Clinton just smiled and nodded in the doorway. 

"Enjoy your first day Lily" Clinton said, then before I could say thank you he had left leaving me with Peter and the mysterious man with the hat. 

Hi guys, so recently I've become obsessed with White Collar so I decided to write this little fanfic I hope you like it. Please vote and comment if you like, happy reading. Lily.