10

The short drive didn't take that long to Peter's house. Neal had drove, playing his Jazz in the cars speakers and I hummed along. Every few seconds he's look over now and again. I had finished my makeup pretty quickly, I didn't put that much on but still enough to be classed as elegant without trying too hard. My brown hair had been teased into playful curls and I had tied it up in a loose bun pulling down some strands to frame my face.

Neal had changed to, he had taken off his blazer and tie and opened his white shirt unbuttoning the first few buttons making it look more causal. He had also put on his signature black hat and I just smiled at the fact that he takes it everywhere.

I wonder how he first came by it, was it something of his family's? The car stopped in front of a small house tucked in between two others that looked exactly the same. It seemed warm and homely. "You coming?" Neal asked as I nodded and opened the car door stepping out as well as Neal. I walked towards the pavement and saw Neal waiting for me.

"You really want to do this?" I asked as Neal just shot me a pearly white grin.

"We're going to kick their married asses." Neal said and I scoffed at his words making Neal smile from beside me. Then putting his arm out so I could put my arm around his linking them together, which I did.

Neal leaded me towards the door and knocked on the wooden door three times. Then looking back at him and I looked back at him, his hat was on his side and I could tell it was going to fall off. Without thinking I raised my hand and fitted his hat taking my arm away from his and fitting it properly. The black fabric underneath my skin and my fingers grazed against his soft somewhat gelled hair.

"Thanks." Neal breathed bringing me out of my hazy state. I immediately took my hands away from his hat and strands of hair. I just nodded and placed my right arm were it was, my hand holding onto his arm I could practically feel the muscles underneath his white shirt.

My head snapped to the door when I heard the front door open, the door opened and I saw Peter. He wasn't dressed in a suit of any kind but a grey t-shirt and some black jeans, it seemed weird to see him outside of work. Like a student who saw a teacher outside of school, but he was my friend. 

"Lily, Neal." Peter said smiling at both of us before stepping aside so we had enough space to walk in. "Come on in." He said as I smiled and unhooked my hand from Neal's arm and walked in. Immediately I was met with a golden, shaggy, golden retriever. As if it was like an instinct, I crouched down to the dogs level and patted the soft golden hair using both hands to stroke the dog as he panted playfully and an automatic smile appeared on my face.

I heard Peter laugh from behind me and I turned around still smiling, "I'm sorry, I like dogs." I stated and Peter nodded. Crouching beside me, stroking his dog like I had done.

"It's okay, Lily meet Satchmo." I smiled at the formal greeting, the dog's brown eyes seemed to glisten back. I freaking love dogs. 

"Wait, like the jazz musician?" I asked standing back up, and dusting my jeans from the golden dog hair that seemed to appear. I looked to my side and saw Neal with a smile playing on his lips, as he stroked the dog. I guess he likes dogs too.

"Exactly like the musician, not many people get that." I heard a woman's voice say from the hallway as I saw a beautiful woman appear. She had dark brown hair almost black cascading down her shoulders. She was wearing a stunning black fitted dress that she had played down with an oversized grey cardigan, which complimented her blue eyes nicely. She smiled as she saw me and I smiled back returning the polite remark. "I'm Elizabeth, it's so nice to finally meet you." 

"It's nice to meet you too Elizabeth, I'm Lily." I said as she smiled and brought me into a surprising hug. She smiled when I acted shocked and wrapped her arms around me and I followed her lead before she pulled away and smiled again.