13

"Well seems to me that Caffrey has put his spell on you." Elizabeth said laughing.

***

I woke up in Caffrey's bed for the second time, and the second time I was hungover. I really have made myself a little routine I thought to myself, still half asleep I rolled over and I was met with a hard yet somewhat soft object. Thinking it was a pillow I just cuddled up to it, I recognised the familiar smell of Caffrey, then again everything in this bed reminded me of him. Maybe that's why I've fallen asleep so quickly these two days.

"Morning." I heard Caffrey's voice said, it was close. Way too close, I opened my eyes and saw the thing I was snuggled up to was Caffrey's hard chest. I looked up slightly to see his face, the sun had played ever so nicely over his features making his blue eyes seem brighter and his jaw have even more definition if it was possible.

As if it was an instinct I pulled away from his body as if it was something repulsive and not something that I wanted on me. Against my skin, "What are you doing?" I asked bringing myself out of my dream filled state.

I looked and saw Neal's features change, from happy and content to confused and then upset. Did I offend him? wait, if he was shirtless and I. I looked down to see that I was only dressed in my bra and pants. "Wait, did we?" I asked not bringing myself to admit what I possibly had done, my hands gesturing between us as Neal shook his head.

"No, we didn't." he said and I moved closer to him, resting my head on a pillow instead of his chest. "What do you remember about last night?" Neal asked.

Well that was a question, I hardly remember anything at all. "I remember going to Elizabeth's and you dropping me off." I started as Neal nodded almost wanting me to continue, "then we drank and talked about our day." about you, I wanted to say but that would make his ego rise even more. "Then I got too drunk and, you were there and you drove me home." I said talking slowly, trying to remember each bit of last night.

"You looked more beautiful than any woman I had ever laid eyes on."

Caffrey's words entered my head, did he actually say that? obviously not maybe it was part of a dream that was coming back to me? Nevertheless I started speaking. "Did you?" I asked and Neal leaned closer. "Did you tell me I was beautiful?" I asked and I saw Neal's face change into a smile. This was helping, did he? or not? "Well did you?" I asked again but urgently.

"Yes I did, bossy." he said rolling his eyes. Wait Neal Caffrey, the Neal Caffrey called me beautiful? he thinks I'm physically attractive? why was he settling for someone like me when he could have someone else, someone more.

"Oh." was all I could say, speechless, my heart hammering against my rib cage a million miles a second. "What else happened?" I asked needing Neal to fix up the missing pieces.

"Well you were incredibly drunk, and I put you to bed and you started to get undressed so I left the room." he said and I smiled at his gentleman nature. "But you couldn't reach the zip for your dress, and so I helped and one thing lead to another and-"

"we kissed." I said, everything flooding back. Images of Neal's lips on mine, my legs wrapped around his waist, me kissing his neck leaving a, wait-.

I moved closer to Neal and I moved his head ever so slightly and saw a mark on his neck. "Did I do that?" I asked, making Neal look over and smirk when he saw the small mark against his skin.