5

(Continued from previous chapter)

***

After an hour of pure running on the treadmill, the tank top was nearly sticking to my body and I was huffing as I ran. I slowed down the machine before turning it off and then taking my earphones out my ears. I stayed in the same spot for a minute catching my breath. I can't believe it took me an hour to break down and start sweating like a mad woman. Normally I could last so much longer, am I losing my touch?

"You okay?" I turned my head to see Neal, he had now taken off his shirt and was left in black shorts. His legs were toned like the rest of his body, but the thing I noticed the most was the black tracker on his ankle I decided not to mention it but I would bring it up soon. But I couldn't take my eyes off his chest and his goddamn abs. I looked up to his face and saw him smirking, his right eyebrow cocked like he had just caught me doing something I shouldn't have.

"Yeah I'm good." I said looking away from him and opening my bottle of water and taking a drink. I hated the feeling of sweat on my body, the way it drenched me and made me feel clammy and sticky. I put the bottle away from me and made sure the lid was on before I picked it up and walked over to where Neal was standing. His height made it look like he was hovering over me. I placed my bottle of water on the mat then standing back up to take off my tank top. My hands reaching to the hem of the top and pulling it upwards revealing my black sports bra.

"So," Neal said as I looked over I saw his blue eyes focused on my body. When he looked back up to me I raised my eyebrow like he had and smirked.

"You okay Caffrey?" I asked teasingly, before I picked up the towel and started dabbing over the sweat around my body.

"Perfect." He said matching my smirk then winking making me roll my eyes. "I told you I was physically fit, but I had no idea about you." His voice had lowered and his eyes moved down my body again like it was a routine.

"Piss off." I said midway through laughing, I didn't know how to react to the statement and honestly the feeling of Caffrey finding me physically attractive was a new and welcoming feeling. But I didn't want to welcome it just yet.

Caffrey just laughed with me and shook his head then sat back down on the mat and I sat with him but then sprawled over the hard mat.

"Joining me hm?" he asked as I just rolled my eyes but I still couldn't hide the smile that he had created.

"Oh shut up, I need a rest." I said moving my head so I could see that he had lied down like I hand done, with his hands behind his head. He must've done it on purpose because now his arms were more defined and I couldn't stop looking at them. Bastard.

"Just to clarify, a rest from working out or a rest from me?" He jokingly said.

I brought my hand to his arm and swatted him playfully. How was his arms that hard? was it even possible to be that toned? "Both."

"Oh I see how it is." I looked over to see his eyebrows raised and a smirk still on his lips. "You've known me a day and you're already sick of me."

"pretty much."

"You're not meant to agree!" Neal said raising his voice in shock, his eyes widening and I couldn't help the laugh that erupted. My grin the size of my face, my hands flying to his my face and my blue eyes shut closed.

"Why not?" I asked still in fits of laughter my voice raised. Taking my hands away from my face and looking at him, my grin still on my face.

"Because that's not how it works!" he replied laughing with me at this point, his deep throaty laugh made me smile more and I had to calm down unless I would be stuck in fits of laughter.

I just slowed down my laughter and took dramatic breaths out to slow my breathing and it worked. I looked over to Neal and saw he had a smile on his face his white teeth all in a perfect line.

We lied there for about a total of two seconds before Neal crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out and I was laughing again. Neal just laughed with me his deep throaty chuckle filling my ears like music.

"Stop making me laugh!" I said inbetween giggles. I opened my eyes which were shut and saw Neal smiling.

"It's funny." he shrugged.

"No it's not." I said still laughing.

"Why are you laughing then?" he asked his chuckle growing with volume. I brought my hands to my face and my laughs were muffled as I calmed myself back down.

"You're a weird one Caffrey." I said when my laughs had gone, turning my head so I saw Neal. I couldn't believe how inevitably attractive he was, he probably has a girlfriend. Without a doubt.

"Says the girl who can't stop laughing over nothing." He raised his eyebrows, and I just smiled.

"Wanker."

"Weirdo."

***

After some more workout sessions and more sweaty towel dabs, Peter had said that it was enough.

"Why don't we go home and get changed then meet for lunch?" Peter offered. I nodded so hard I thought my head would fall off. I needed a shower. I hated the way sweat felt on me. The way it stuck to you, clammy and sticky.

"Yeah, that's a great idea." I agreed, fanning myself with my one hand the other holding everything I had taken in with me. "I can finally get a shower." I said in relief, which made Peter and Neal both break out in a smile and agree. Although I doubt Neal needed to get a shower or get changed at all. He looked flawless.

"Why don't we go to Cafe Sabarsky?" Neal asked pushing his hair back. Then dabbed his forehead with his towel which was resting on his shoulder. Then putting his black tank back on.

"Yeah that's a good idea." Peter said then looking at me. "Do you want us to pick you up I just know driving there is a hassle and it's easier if we just go all together?"

"Yeah sure that'll be fine." I said smiling "thank you very much."

"Don't mention it." Peter said smiling as we walked out of the gym and I walked to the locker the boys following me as I took my key out of my pocket and fetched my backpack slinging it over me.

"I'll pick up Neal first and then go to yours." Peter said and I smiled taking my sunglasses out of my bag and placing them on.

"Cool, what time to you want me ready boss?" I jokingly replied.

"Well it's 11 now so about 12ish?"

"Sure thing." I said as we all walked down the steps and walked towards the car park. "I'll see you then, then." I said when I opened the door to the car park and I walked towards my car and Neal and Peter walked towards their own.

One things certain I can't wait to eat.

Hellooo! It's a double update! I really enjoyed writing this chapter as it was just really playful and I got to write some humour between Neal and Lily! Please vote and comment and tell me what you think, it makes writing 1000 times easier. Happy reading, Lily.