19

"Are you ready?" Neal asked as I fixed my dress for the second time, making sure the red gown fitted my body correctly. It was Friday night, the night when we had to go to the art gallery. When we really would be under cover.

I looked myself over in the full length mirror and hardly recognised myself, my brown hair was elegantly placed in ringlets, I had proceeded with my regular makeup, a bold cat eye and red lipstick but today it somehow seemed more elegant. I fixed the silver dangling ear-rings in place, my fingers brushing over the red velvet fabric of the gown. It was a ballgown dress and looked far too expensive on me. It had clear sleeves with some embroidered red flowers on matching the dress.

The dress itself was almost breath taking, it was perfectly fitted so it showed off my large chest without it becoming sluttish, and it was fixed around my toned stomach that being an agent provided. Then it filled out gradually, the dress nearly reaching the floor as I was taller with my black heels on.

"Lil?" Neal asked as I saw him walking around in the kitchen, his reflection in the mirror.

"Yeah I'm ready." I said turning around and grabbing my silver clutch and placing my phone,red lipstick, money and badge in it. I looked up my lashes to see Neal standing in the kitchen looking at me. I almost couldn't breathe.

He was wearing black trousers and blazer with a white shirt and a black tie wrapped around his neck which was supposed to be tied but he either didn't get round to it, or couldn't quite manage it. He was also wearing a white pocket tissue in his blazer pocket, black rimmed glasses and black shoes. He looked more handsome than ever and I wanted nothing more than to just run into his arms and tackle him in a kiss. But I obviously didn't, instead I just gulped as I saw Neal's eyes look over my figure.

"Um, do you have your badge and gun?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, badge is in my purse." I said tapping my manicured finger on my clutch and then reaching to my collar bone to point to my chest. "And then the gun is here." I said as Neal just made an 'o' face with his moth showing that he understood. "Can you fix your tie?" I asked as my eyes made their way to his loosened black fabric.

Neal smiled and chuckled lightly as he nodded. "Yeah, I'm a tad pathetic with bow ties." He admittedly said as I smiled walking over to him and placing my clutch on the wooden table and standing opposite Neal. We were now the same height with my heels on, my fingers found the black fabric. Turning up his white shirt collar and fixing the fabric properly around his neck.

"You, um." he started, clearing his throat as I put my hands to the front of his neck and began to tie the black fabric. "You're good at this."

"Yeah, well my brother was pretty useless at dressing up and so was my dad. So I guess I just learnt." I said shrugging as I finished tying his bow tie, placing down his white collar and making sure it looked nice enough against him. Which it obviously did.

I felt a little bad when Neal didn't say anything to compliment me, I know that we weren't in a relationship and I wasn't guaranteed a compliment but it sure wouldn't hurt him. "You look handsome." I complimented as I saw a small shade of red coming up to his cheeks.

"So do you." he said back and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I mean, beautiful, not handsome obviously." he rushed, his eyes widening when he realised what had happened and I just let out a small giggle.

"You're a weird one Caffrey." I said rolling my eyes as Neal just raised his eyebrows as if to say 'and your not?'

Three loud knocks interrupted our almost awkward small talk and Neal walked over to unlock the door, I looked over to see Peter dressed in his work attire walking in.