20

"You okay?" Neal's voice asked as we walked out of Peter's car towards the cream coloured gallery. It was massive, and grander than I had even thought. I can't believe I'm even here, going undercover.

"Yeah just a bit-" I said lightly as Neal nodded confirming my thoughts.

"Intimidated?" he finished my sentence and I nodded letting out a breath. "Don't worry about it, artists are always extravagant." I made sure my hand was comfy resting against his bicep which it was. "You fit in anyway." He finished as we walked up the stone steps, then meeting a man with brown curly hair and deep brown eyes.

"Names?" He asked, holding a clipboard. He was dressed just as extravagant as we were and it made me worry about how dressed up everyone else would be.

"Mr and Mrs Potter." Neal said from beside me before adding. "Matt and Roxanne." The man nodded and looked down the clipboard, then back at us.

The man eventually nodded and let us past, Neal took his arm away from my hand to open the door which I smiled at and moved past him.

The inside of the gallery was beautiful, above us hung a crystal chandelier all light up and making the ballroom like room seem bigger. Extravagant was the right word indeed, all around the room was beautiful paintings and sculptures. I looked down at the floor to see spotlights all directing to one spot, the end of the room. It was a velvet red carpet hung on the wall, if the 'girl with the pearl earring' was anywhere it was there.

"Rox?" Neal's voice from beside me said, and I shook my thoughts away to turn to him and see he was with a woman with fair blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

She was wearing a dress slightly similar to mine, but instead of red velvet it was black silk. Beside her was a man with brown hair and brown eyes, obvious cheekbones and a smile on his lips. I knew exactly who this was.

Noah.

"Sorry I was just looking-" I started to say, moving closer to Neal who smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist making me lean into him.

"Oh don't worry, that was my and my father's aim really." He said smiling as I smiled with him. "we wanted people to look at its beauty and forget everything else." he said but his voice changed from friendly to something else, his eyes making their way down my dress and my body.

Was he checking me out?

"Yes, well it certainly worked." I said smiling and then looking up at Neal, who was looking at Noah. His jaw tightened, I could practically feel him tense against me. "I'm Roxanne Potter and this is my husband Matt Potter."

Noah relaxed his jaw to look at me and smiled when he saw I was already looking at him. Somehow I didn't think that was him acting as Matt. "Oh, aren't you a young tad to be married?" The blonde haired girl spoke, and my eyes directed to her. She didn't look much older than me, and I wasn't that young. I was 24 for Christ sake, I know plenty of people who are married younger than that.

"Ah well that's my fault." Caffrey spoke from beside me bringing his large hand to my small one, entwining our fingers. "I asked her to marry me not long into our relationship. I just couldn't let this one go." he said smiling tightening his grip around mine in a comforting way and I smiled with him, squeezing his hand right back.

"Thats adorable." The girl said and then looked up at Noah smiling, were they an item? If so has it anything to do with the case? and how? "Oh we haven't introduced ourselves." She said shaking her head and laughing lightly, making Caffrey join her.

"I'm Britney and this is my boyfriend Noah." She spoke looking up at Noah who gave her a small smile and then turned his head like a flash towards us. Britney's smile seemed to fade when she saw her boyfriend's distant nature.