12

"Hi Lily." Elizabeth's voice said through my phone speakers, as I just managed to sit down on Neal's couch. I looked at the clock on the wall, and sighed. 6 o'clock. Had it really been that long?

"Hi Elizabeth, what's matter?" I asked as I lifted my white shopping bags in my wardrobe making sure not to even touch the expensive gown and accessories until Friday night. I had a car less expensive than the contexts of that bag. Thank god the FBI had gave me the money otherwise I would be living on nothing for the next year.

"I just wondered if you wanted to come over and maybe have some wine?" She offered and I smiled at her offer. I turned my head to see Neal engrossed in his painting, he had put his bags away too and as soon as he got back was straight to the painting.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm going into the office tomorrow." I started, I knew I wasn't going into work tomorrow. Today and tomorrow are my days off, then I'd be back to the office to do more research then it's Friday. The art gallery, I couldn't wait. To wear the dress that's all.

"Brilliant, well why don't you come down in about half an hour or so?" She offered. "I'll have a glass of wine waiting for you and we can just have a girly night."

"Thank you so much, I'll be there as soon as possible. I can't wait." I said smiling as she said bye and hung up. I looked over and saw Neal and he had stopped painting and was now looking at me, his eyebrows rising.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I grabbed my black handbag and my leather jacket putting it on over my dress.

"Elizabeth's, I'm going there to have a few glasses of wine." I said as Neal just scoffed.

"I'm worried about you, you could be an alcoholic." He joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, of course I'm not." I said as Neal just nodded his head. "I should be worried about you, con man." I said winking as Neal shrugged.

"What can you do?"

I laughed at this and took out my phone checking the time. "Right, I'm going to get a taxi and see how long that takes." I said rolling my eyes.

"I could drive you?" Neal offered, putting down his paints brushing the wet colours on his black trousers, picking up his keys and a bottle of red wine then handing it to me. "You better take one of your own." He said as I smiled and took a hold of the wine bottle.

"Thanks." I said as we walked to the car, opening his door and walking down the house's amazing staircase.

"Lily, Neal." I heard June's familiar voice say as soon as we reached the hallway. We both turned around and I smiled.

"Hi June, are you okay?" I asked, June just smiled and I heard the light jazz music playing in the background.

"Yes dear, I'm fine. Where are you two off to?" she asked.

"I'm going to a friends house, we're just going for a chat and maybe drink some wine. Neal just offered to drive me there." I said and June still smiled walking towards us.

"Oh that's great dear, you have a good time." I smiled as Neal opened the front door waiting for me. "You better go, I think your driver is getting impatient."

I looked over and saw Neal smile at the woman and roll his eyes playfully which I laughed at. "Okay, I'll see you later June." June smiled and said goodbye as I walked out of the front door to Neal's car. Quickly jumping in.

***

Neal pulled in to Peter's driveway for the second time this week. I looked at the house, then at Neal to see him looking at his steering wheel. Patting a slow rhythm with his finger on the leather steering wheel.