11

It was morning, I could tell by the light coming through Neal's room. The sun dancing on the sheets and making its way up to my eyes almost blinding me as I pulled the covers over me. I groaned when I felt my head, was it always that heavy? I sat up to find myself in my grey sweater and pants that I had worn last night, I rubbed my eyes and was glad to find no makeup smudges on my hand. I looked around the sunlight dancing on Neal's bed covers.

I didn't want to get up, I really didn't want to get up. What time was it anyway? probably stupid o'clock. Well one thing is certain I'm not going into work today. "Neal?" I called out hoping for him to answer me but when no-one did I became more confused. Where was he?

I stepped out of Neal's incredibly comfy bed, my bare feet padding against the soft wood. I looked to the curtains that seemed to move in the breeze and I walked towards them, I saw a patio door open. I walked outside and sure enough I saw Neal, he was stood with his canvas propped up against an easel. I looked and saw a small glass coffee table, it had paints of various colours and two coffee mugs one filled with paint water and another with tea.

"Neal?" I asked again and Neal turned around, a paintbrush in his hand. He was only wearing plaid trouser pyjama bottoms. I looked at his shirtless body for the second time, looking over his broad wide shoulders, then how his lightly tanned skin dipped to show his abs, then to down to his v-line leading to his trouser bottoms. I looked back up and saw him smirking.

Yes I could get used to this.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Neal said jokingly, as I just rolled my eyes and flipped him off causing him to laugh. "Now that's no way to treat your husband now is it?" he questioned moving closer to me and putting his arm around my small waist pulling me closer to him and pressing his lips against my cheek. For a second I almost believed it was true. My pulse quickening and rising as he just pulled me closer like it was a joke.

"You wish I was your wife." I said wriggling out of his grip as he smiled and let me go letting me sit on the black chair, letting me see what he was painting on the canvas. "What're you doing then?" I asked picking up a coffee cup, bringing up to my lips then quickly remembering and checking to see what one it was before placing the paint water down on the coffee table again.

"Painting." He vaguely replied returning to work, it was a beautiful painting. Stunning actually, it was a dark moonlight, over looking a city night. He had made the painting look like it was something out of a fairytale. The watercolours, making it seem like the painting would almost jump out of the canvas.

"I never knew you could paint." I said before bringing the coffee cup that was tea to my lips sipping it slowly. My head still feeling heavy, how much did I drink last night?

"there's a lot of things you don't know about me scarlet." he said continuing to paint. But I could still see the smile etched on his face. "anyway, how're you feeling this morning?" he asked putting his paintbrush down on the coffee table along with his paints then pulling out the seat opposite so he could sit down next to me. "rough?"

"I'm not that bad." I said and he just smiled.

"Sure." he dragged out as I frowned at him. "'Neal are you putting me on your bed? Jesus you're strong; I bet you could lift a car if you wanted.'" he said making his voice an annoyingly high pitched.

"I did not say that!" I nearly shouted as he just laughed, a hearty laugh. The kind were his head lolled back and he grinned his echoey deep chuckle filling the outside porch. "Neal stop!" I said again as he continued to laugh but harder and I laughed with him. My head still hurting but I didn't care.

when he had calmed down from laughing he just smiled, looking at me as I sipped his tea. "What?" I questioned.

"Nothing." he said "it's just not one girl has stayed over that I haven't shared a bed with." he continued and I began to frown.