27

"I need to get this case done." I mumbled, turning my head to see Neal looking at me with a confused expression on his face. We were laid on the bed, Caffrey had his fingers lazily intertwined in my hair tugging at certain parts.

"Why?" Neal asked almost above a whisper, his blue eyes looking at mine and then over my face.

"I'm planning on giving my family a holiday to New York" I said smiling and Neal smiling with me. "But I need to get this sorted before hand, maybe I could go there for a couple of days."

"Maybe"Neal hummed in response but continued looking at me in the same way he had ever since he stepped inside the door last night. I looked over to grab my phone and see what time it was, '7am'

"Come on, we have to get to work." I said moving up from the bed and smoothing down my black pencil skirt and adjusting my white blouse and black blazer. I tucked my phone into my handbag and walked to the door. Caffrey was still laying on the bed, a goofy smile dressing his face. "You coming?" I asked opening the door and looking around the apartment. I'll have to clean up the candles later.

"Of course." He replied coolly, his tone still managing to give me butterflies. Moving off the bed and walking over to me smiling as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

I couldn't stop my smile as I walked down the stairs, as soon as we closed the front door my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered but was soon cut off.

"Lily, Noah has been spotted on a crime scene not far away from you. I want you to get there as fast as you can it's the art gallery that you went to not so long ago. Meet me and Jones." Peter said rushed and I ended the call putting it away in my handbag.

"What was that?" Neal asked looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed and his head tilted adorably to the side.

How did I manage to land a guy like him?

"Peter, we need to go to the art gallery and quickly." I said with an obvious sense of urgency behind my voice as before I could say anything else Neal had rushed to his car and I had followed him. Shutting the door and putting my seatbelt around me, looking over at Neal and seeing he had done the same and started to turn on the engine with the familiar tune of Michael Bublé playing through the speakers.

Maybe some music fit for the occasion? some indie rock? no, jazz it was.

"You ready?" Neal asked looking at me with concern in his blue eyes which I just nodded at giving him a smile to show him I was okay.

I was taking Noah down if it was the last thing I did.

***

As soon as Neal pulled up to the art gallery I saw Peter's car and the familiar van nearby. Me and Neal both rushed out of his car and headed straight to the van.

I opened the back door and stepped inside seeing Jones and Diana sat down with headphones next to their ears.

"What's happening?" Neal asked before any words could come out of my mouth.

"We've got reason to believe Noah is on the crime scene, a killing happened here at about 5am. It was with the same weapon that was used on the other ten murders." Diana said filling me in as I nodded.

"Right, I'll go in after Peter. Where is he?" I asked, my adrenaline running like it had never ran before.

"He's inside the gallery talking to Noah, he's going undercover we just have to wait for the order to come through." Jones said, listening closely to the headphones. I sighed, still feeling the kick from the adrenaline but calming down slightly. Moving a seat so i sat down next to Jones. "How did last night go?" he asked in a whispered tone and I couldn't help the red flush coming up to my cheeks and I couldn't hide the smile from my face. "Well then?"