Erica

Its the last week of school and I'm grateful. High school was cool and all but I'm glad its over. "Erica?! You listening to me?", Drew and I went to a carnival. "Sorry babe. Just thinking about stuff", we walked to the snack stand. "Oh you okay? 2 large Cotton Candy please", the lady gave him our stuff and we left. "Yeah, it didn't hit me yet. You know like I'm graduating", I sighed. "Yeah we haven't even discussed what college you going to", we sat a bench in the shade, watching people walk by. "Well I'm going to community college first and then transfer to Lincoln" "Why?" "Less money", I replied. "Well I support you babe", he kissed me with cotton candy on his lips. Next thing I know we were making out and somebody had the nerve to interrupt us. "Ahem", I look over and see Ron. "Let's go Drew", I was not in the mood for drama. "Erica you don't see me standing here? Who's this?", I grabbed Drew's hand and walked away. "Who's that? An ex?" "Hell no, he's gay", I rolled my eyes. "Can we go home, I'm tired", its 7:25 and I have work tomorrow. Walmart!!

"Sure baby", he drove me home and kissed me goodnight. As soon as I came in the house, both my parents were there. Which is odd because they're not together and I live with my dad. "Um hi?", I put my bag down and took my phone out. "Hey darling, how are you?" "Fine, what are you doing here mom?"

They were both sitting on the couch. "You don't come over anymore miss thang. You too good for ya mom?", I laughed and gave her a hug. "Naw mom, just working that's all. Hey dad, you fix anything to eat?" "No greedy", I look at both of them. "Y'all getting back together or like?" "Hell no. We just friends", mom said bluntly looking at my dad with a disgusted look on her face. "Mom stop playing, you know you want dad", I said jokingly. "Girl stop playing with me", I walked to my room and played Candy Crush on my phone until I fell asleep.