Kid Flash x reader✅

[please vote and give feedback]

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
H/L - Hair Length
E/Y - Eye Colour
H/C - Hair Colour

edited;

Tomorrow was the annual prom at Happy Harbour High. You thought about standing beneath a hot spotlight, a sparkling floor-length dress draped over your shoulders, your (H/L) hair pinned back in a bun. Your face, flawless with makeup.

You groaned, shaking away the magnificent thought. The truth was that you didn't have a date to the prom. You took another bite out of your sandwich, glumly eating away. Sitting next to you, was none other than your best friend Artemis Crock. The two of you had met when she first started the team. She, along with Wally and Kaldur had decided to start Happy Harbour High because it was a lot more convenient.

Artemis watched you closely as you sadly slurped your soda, a dismal look on your face. Her eyebrows furrowed in concern; something was obviously bothering the you. She dusted the sandwich crumbs off her fingers with her napkin before turning to face you.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" She asked looking at you with concern. "Why?" You sharply asked, avoiding her stern gaze. "You just seemed... worked up," Artemis said, trying her best to not seem offensive.

You let out an animated sigh, slumping your shoulders as you did so."It's prom tomorrow," you confessed, dropping your sandwich on your plate. "So?" Artemis asked, slightly confused.

"I haven't got a date," you huffed, your (E/C) eyes dull and empty. Artemis tried her best to cheer you up; you were her best friend, after all. "Come on, that's what's bothering you? Don't worry about it." She said, blowing it off as if it were nothing.

"Yeah but...well, I thought Wally might have asked me," you murmured sadly, your eyes passing over the sandwich you had put down. It's not like Artemis could understand, her and Kaldur had a different relationship to you and Wally. The two of you had a confusing relationship. During the alien invasion simulation mission, the two of you had confessed your feelings and even shared a kiss in the heat of the moment.

Ever since then, you and Wally had a confusing relationship but you still hoped that he'd ask you to prom. Artemis' expression softened, her casual smile faded and a look of pity replaced it. "I'm sure he will. He might just want to surprise you." She suggested offering a consoling smile.

"The Prom is tomorrow," you deadpanned. "If he was going to ask me, he would have done it by now," you frowned. Artemis didn't know what to say. She had always thought that Wally was a jerk, but this was something that he didn't expect to do. She gave you a comforting smile before turning back to his lunch.

You dolefully walked to your locker, your arms wrapped round a heavy stack of books. You set your books down upon the floor at your side, before unlocking your locker and hearing the infamous 'click'.

You threw open the door of your locker, and placed your books inside before shutting it. You hunched your bag over your shoulder; turning to leave when, suddenly, you found yourself face-to-face with M'gann. Her auburn hair seemed even more bouncier than usual, her cheeks were pink with elation and her brown eyed brighter than ever.

"Guess what?" She exclaimed. "What?" You asked remorsefully. You already knew what probably happened but you didn't want to deny M'gann the joy of sharing here newfound information. She didn't notice your fowl mood and continued to speak.

"Conner asked me to prom!"

You tried your best to seem happy for her, but how could you? Everyone had a date and you were left alone. "Great," you muttered, trying your best to seem enthusiastic. M'gann finally began to notice that you weren't exactly happy.