Aqualad x Reader

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
Y/N - Your Name

unedited;

You hated that feeling.

You hated it more than you've ever hated anything in your entire life. More than you hate your limited social life, more living under the sea. More than you hated your father for leaving your mother for a woman with a golden lasso.

You tried your best not to let the feeling over come your sight. You tried your best to not feel that way. It was your number one rule. If you don't feel for someone, then you never get hurt when they leave. And people? Well people always tend to leave you.

But this...this stupid thing, this feeling just creeps up on you. Suddenly, you feel for Kaldur'ahm, even though you shouldn't. You wanted to show him that you could be tough and that you weren't just the girl who was privileged to be conceived by the Kings and Queens of Atlantis that they all thought you were.

But then the stupid, stupid Aqualad, had to go and make you feel more. It wasn't enough that you felt friendly towards him. No, now you have to feel a little bit of like. And that little bit of like just keeps adding more. Soon...soon you'll start feeling things that your not supposed to feel. Never, never, never.

It's only right that you two become friends, because your father had ordered him to be your escort and for that you have to work together, and you can't do that if you don't like each other. So you talk, exchange snarky remarks, smile once in a while, and soon enough you were kind of friends.

He saved your life.

You'll never forgive him for it either, because you aren't some stupid damsel in distress and you don't need saving. But the one time, the one time that you were sent on a solo mission you were stuck with him.

"Hello," He greeted. You grimaced at the his calming voice and pulled your weapon aside. The water rushed along bellow you, making your skin crawl. You hadn't returned back to Atlantis since that day and you knew going back would only bring bad memories. It was only a river but it still brought pain.

You turned away from the river. "What do you want?" You whisper-yelled, trying not to give away your position to anyone near-by although the two of you were probably alone in these woods. All you had to do was steal something from a warehouse and head home but the but Kaldur'ahm wanted to get some intel.

"It's just like the water back home," he whispered as he edged closer to the river.

"Would you keep your mouth shut for Poseidon's sake?" You exclaimed harshly, turning the corner and smacking into him. Although you knew it wasn't Kaldur's fault, the memories just brought a rise out of you. His hand grips your arm, steadying you, and for a second you thought that he'd push you in the water, but he didn't, because that just wasn't him.

"Would you like to swim?" He asked you, and you paled slightly.

"No, actually, I would not like to go swimming you."

Kaldur'ahm shrinks back slightly, but his hand was still on your arm, warm against your hot skin. "Why not? It's not like we're doing something wrong."

"We're not wearing suitable clothing," you pointed out, although your explanation was slightly flawed.

"Your clothes are designed for underwater use," he said coolly, moving away from you. He pulled back a branch, and gestures for you to go first. "There's a stream, up river."

Exhaling loudly, you moved forward, pushing past him and moving into the brightly lit lagoon. He was right: there was a small stream, though it was more of a pond, and the lagoon was pretty secluded and actually really hot.