Nightwing x Reader

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name

unedited;

Dick groaned. His head felt like it was going to explode, and he could have sworn that he'd just seen a pink rabbit dart around the corner of the door. It was a good thing that he could still make his way to your house without managing to kill himself in the process. Not that it would really take much at this point. Just because he was a superhero didn't mean he didn't get the occasional cold.

His vision flickered again, and he hissed as the pressure at the back of his skull seemed to grow. When did your mission finish again? He couldn't seem to recall anything, and the floor was actually very comfortable. Cold on his bare arms, too, which was an added bonus.

Actually, he really hoped that your dad wouldn't be home until late. He could only imagine how that one would play out. But at the same time, he almost wished that someone would get home. He felt like shit.

Dick shifted, but then decided against actually hauling himself onto your bed. It was too much effort. At the moment, all he wanted was to sleep.

The male finally decided on rolling over, coming to a sort of compromise with himself. Shifting was good. It meant that he was still alive and not actually burning in the pits of Hell, like his flesh felt like it was doing.

He must've fallen asleep, because the next thing he knew, someone was grabbing him under the armpits and dragging him across the floor. Something that all of his aching limbs protested greatly. Growling, his throat screaming at him not to do that again, he weakly swiped at whoever was pulling at him.

"Dick, I swear to God, I don't care if you're at Death's door. If you fucking hit me I'm dragging your ass outside and leaving it there."

"Please." he replied, imagining the rain that had been falling all day peppering his fevered face.

Obviously, that hadn't been the answer that you were expecting, as your grip momentarily loosened, but a moment later he noted that the grip you were using now was significantly tighter.

"You're fucking kidding, right? You're not actually sick, are you?" You asked with a grunt, opening the bathroom door with a none too gentle kick with a socked foot.

"What does it fucking look like?" Dick snarled, immediately regretting it.

"Well, it's better than thinking you crawled in and died on the floor, asshole." You snarked back. "Thanks a lot for the heart attack, by the way. That's always the first thing I want to see when I come home."

"What are you doing?" Dick asked, realizing in the back of his mind that they were no longer in your' room.

"I-" you began, propping Dick against the counter, "-am going to give you a cold shower."

Somehow, while the logical side of Dick brain noted that, the fevered, hallucination half was wondering what the hell that would accomplish.

You, on the other hand, were damn close to panicking. Sure, it wasn't as if you was about to go calling 9-1-1 or anything, but you was near hysterical. Toy didn't think you could recall any point in time where Dick was sick. Like, ever. The guy was like freaking immune to anything

Leaning over the edge of the bathtub, you used a shaky hand to turn on the tap to as cold as you could get it, turning your attention back to the very sick male behind you. Dick, to put it mildly, looked like Death had walked up to him and slugged him in the face. His face was pale, save for his flushed cheeks, and it didn't take a genius to feel the heat coming off of him.

"Why?" Dick mumbled.

"Because believe it or not, but it actually works." You replied shortly, grunting as you lifted the deadweight that was your boyfriend and debated how to get him into the tub before muttering "Screw it." and stepping in, dragging the dark haired male behind you.

As soon as the water hit him, Dick nearly collapsed in relief. The cool water was pure and utter bliss on his warm skin. You, not so much. You yelped as Dick suddenly went down, landing heavily on your hip behind the acrobat and then being pinned there.

You sat there for a good half hour, Dick almost purring in relief, while you slowly and surely began to freeze your ass off.

After you was sure that he would have hypothermia, you tentatively shifted, wincing at your now bruised hip, before getting a mouthful of hair in your face.

"Dick? You still alive?" You asked into the male's ear.

"Shut it, or you won't be." came the less than threatening reply.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever. You're about as threatening as a drowned cat, Dick." You chattered back.

Dick knew that he was sick, but he wasn't stupid. He knew quite well that you were going to freeze to death in his stubbornness. Turning his head, he leveled a stare at the you, quirking a brow the best he could.

"Get out before you freeze, idiot. I know you're comfortable and everything, but you're going to be the one going to the hospital soon."

"I would, but I slipped and I'm stuck." came the attempted sarcasm. "So unless you move your fat ass off of me, I'm stuck straddling you until you get out."

"Oh."

That should've made sense, really. He was larger and stronger than you.

Slowly, trying not to slip, the dark haired male sat up, limbs still protesting, but not as badly as they had been previously.

"Thank you." You sighed in relief, pressure gone from you hip. As quickly as you could, you clambered out from the tub, quivering fingers latching onto the nearest towel and wrapping it around yourself.

"(Y/N)?"

You barely heard it over the sound of the water, but you nodded. "Yeah, Dick?"

"Thanks."

Your lips curled up, and the male laughed dryly. "No problem, boy wonder."

Requested by @damiansbeloved

-----------------------------------------------------
A/N:

OMFG I KNOW I HAVENT UPDATED IN A CENTURY but please check out my Jason Todd story 'The Memories We Make' because he's so under appreciated

On a happier note, young justice is coming back in 2017 thanks to your support!!!

SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: Me and some other small time DC writers (such as -wxynes and panopandis) are hosting a competition to commemorate the 12 days of Christmas - I don't know all the details yet but I'll keep updated on it if you want to enter