Artemis x {fem} reader

You weren't all too sure if you were dreaming or awake. All you knew was that there's a sweet smell overriding your senses and a warmth at your side. Upon realizing that you're actually awake, you slowly opens your eyes to find your face inches from Artemis' hair. You softly inhale the strong scent of shampoo and it takes you all of five seconds (after simply enjoying how ridiculously wonderful her hair smells) to realize what it all means.

Artemis had washed her hair.

This may seem trivial at first but you had every right to be happy. Firstly, you hadn't been close to Wally, or at least as close as he and Artemis were. You never understood how the two of them became friends, they were too different but they made the best of friends. But it his death had taken a big toll on Artemis' life.

And after nearly three weeks of Artemis' personal hygiene going to hell, Artemis had finally started taking care of herself again. Of course, you had to encourage her a lot and make sure she was actually performing everyday tasks, like bathing and brushing her teeth and getting proper sleep, but it made you happy that, for the time being at least, she seemed to be better. You knew depression wasn't something that could be fixed overnight, and that could be cured just by having a helpful significant other. It took time, and usually therapy and medication, before things could really get better. The anxiety didn't exactly help. But you did everything you could to make her feel better. And if at the end of the day she had a smile on her face, you counted it as his greatest achievement for helping keep it there, and she's greatest achievement for staying so strong.

After taking time to think about this, you smiles and slip your arm under the blankets, wrapping it around her bare waist and pulling her close to you're chest, burying your face in her hair.

You suddenly hears her chuckle and say, "Gonna say good morning or are you just going to keep sniffing my hair?"

"Morning, Arty. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Your hair is so fluffy and soft, and it smells really nice." You respond, the smile never leaving your face.

She sighs sadly, "it's the first time I've washed it in days. You must think I'm disgusting."

Your heart drops, holding her closer without realising. "Arty that isn't true. I don't think you're disgusting at all. And it's not like you can help it. It just happens. But I'm here for you. I want to help you and take care of you." You offer. Your lips graze her shoulder. "I love you. So, so much." You whisper against her skin.

Tears welled up in Artemis' eyes. "I love you, too." She turns over to face you and leans in to kiss you. It's soft, and slow, and loving, and the overwhelming emotions have the tears rolling down your cheeks. You sits up, bringing her up with you, and reach past her to a box of tissues on the nightstand. (This isn't the first time she's cried in your room.) You wipe away her tears and tosses the tissue onto the nightstand, to be disposed of later, and brings her in for another kiss, your hands slowly sliding against the bare skin of her hips and waist, trying to calm her. When the two of you part, you're breathless but smiling wide.

"I love you so much." Artemis say, voice almost breaking.

Your smile widens. "I love you, too. Never forget that."

And then you're kissing her again, her neck this time. You slowly pulls her onto your lap, holding her closely but gently, your kisses are soft and slow just like earlier.

"You know what the best part about seeing you happy is?" You asks her in between kisses.

"What?"

You leans back to look her in the eyes. "Seeing you smile. Knowing you feel better." You says lovingly. "And, perhaps, one other thing."

There's a slight smirk on your face now, and it sparks Artemis' curiosity. "Oh?"

Your smirk grows and you moves one hand up to ruffle her hair. "Your adorable bed head."

Artemis' long hair was definitely your favourite feature of hers.

She laughs and smacks your hand away, pushing lightly against her chest. You fall back against the bed, taking her with you, the both of you giggling all the while as you nuzzle each other and peck each other on the cheek and nose and forehead.

"You're such a dork, (Y/N)." you hear say.

It wasn't the best of her retorts, but a sign that she was moving forward and on the path to getting better.

"Yeah, but I'm your dork." You reply, and that line has never sounded so sweet and caring until it comes from your mouth. Artemis blushed and kissed you once more, a bit more passionately than the last few kisses.

The two of you sleep in that morning, sharing soft touches and sweet kisses. Later, Artemis made sure to inform the other members of the team that you forgot to set the alarm clock. But for now, neither of you worried about later. You just spent now loving each other as much as possible.

[A/N: Sorry for the short (and terrible written) oneshot. I realised I hadn't written any oneshots for my lovely yj gals! Does anyone want a Brion oneshot? He isn't a major character but i thought of a good plot

2 uploads in one week? I'm just procrastinating and trying to ignore all the coursework I have due