Nightwing x Reader✅

[please comment and give feedback]

Requested by
@moonlight123345

edited;

Dick's chest heaved with anger, face flushed, and his posture tense. He was almost shaking out of anger. He couldn't believe what was happening. Sure he had known you for a long time, but he was sure that the two of you weren't ready for this. You had met on a god damn rooftop, how could you be ready for this?

You, on the other hand, kept pacing back and forth, not being able to sit still as angry tears poured down your cheeks. You failed to understand why Dick was so angry at you, after all it wasn't your fault.

You just happened to mention that, once the baby arrived, the three of you should find a bigger place. A home that was more able to handle two brand new parents and an infant child.

Your current apartment want great but not to fit to raise a child. You weren't too keen on the idea of your child living in an apartment complex that basically had thieves and gangsters crawling around. It wasn't a good environment for a child.

"I don't see what's wrong with finding a new place to live, Dick," You spoke argued, your cheeks flaring a bright red. You sat on the sofa, slowly sinking into the soft cushions as you glared at Dick who sat beside you. He pinched the bridge of his nose, hissing out, "We don't have the money to move!"

"We can get money!" You retorted, pushing out your arms in anger. "You mean I can get money. I'm the one with a job!" Dick remarked as he shot an accusing finger at you. You chewed the inside of your lip as you thought of another solution.

"I-I'll find a job!" You exclaimed, quickly standing up and off the sofa. Your suggestion was met by a loud scoff. Dick shook his head, his scowl remaining, "That's a joke right?" He spat out, his voice laced with venom.

"Who's that dumb to hire a pregnant woman?" He scoffed and you flinched from anger radiating off him. Tears began to streak down your face as you turned around, your back facing your boyfriend, "What choice do we have, we can't stay here, Dick." Gotham was definitely no place to raise a child.

"We have a choice!" Dick shouted, clenching his fingers in to a fist, "Why can't we stay?" He shouted
"I've already explained why we can't! I don't want our child growing up in a bad neighbourhood!" You argued, voice slightly exasperated.

"This isn't a bad environment," Dick retorted, crossing his arms over his chest. Your cheeks flared brighter than before, "I want our child to grow with parents." You knew you shouldn't have said it but you had to play your cards right.

Dick sighed, "I want our child to grow with parents and a good environment too, (Y/N). It's just that we don't have the money to move, which means we stay."

You shook your head, more tears spilling from your eyes, "It means you stay." His eyes widened as the words fumbled out your mouth. You gazed up at Dick sadly, "Either way, I'm getting out of here. With or without you."

"Wait, (N/N)," Dick's bulky arm shot out as you tried to walk past him and into your shared bedroom. You struggled in his strong grip, but gave up as he spun you around. His hands came to rest gently on your shoulders, keeping you in place, "P-please, you can't just leave."

"I'm not letting our child grow up here, Dick."

"We really don't have much of a choice, (Y/N). We don't have the money."

You nodded your head in understanding and chewed on your lower lip. You knew that the two of you weren't exactly rich, which was one of the reasons you two chose the apartment complex.

You needed someplace safer, even if it meant paying a bit extra. Though you only recently found out you were pregnant, you knew you'd give anything for the safety of your child.

"I said I'd find a job," You finally answered after the short silence, sucking in a deep breath. Dick reached up, brushing away a stray tear from under your (E/C) eyes, "Nobody is going to hire a pregnant woman, (Y/N). Not at this point in time. Employers don't want to have to pay for maternity leave."

Your shoulders sagged. Though Dick had said it harshly the first time, he did have a point. No one was really dumb enough to hire a pregnant woman. That'd just be wasted money seeing as you could only really work for another few months before you'd be forced by the baby to take a maternity leave.

You settled for redirecting your gaze to the laminate flooring below you. More tears rolled down your cheeks as you said, "We just can't stay here, Dick." You repeated once more. "I know, love, I know. I agree with you, but we don't have much of a choice. I-I'll save up, maybe find a second job, but we just can't afford to move right now. I know we need the space, and a better location, but on my salary alone, we just don't have the money."

Your eyes remained focused on the ground below. Tears continued to pour freely down your cheeks but you ignored them, instead watching as they splashed on the gray floor. You had your mind set on moving, that much was true. But, unfortunately, Dick was right, in numerous things really. Times had been a bit tough.

You had to quit your last job because the work environment just got too unbearable for you. This lead to an obvious decrease in income, and now, with a child on the way, times just got ten times tougher.

"I promise, (N/N)," Dick cooed softy, cupping your face in his hands, "We will leave this place, but for now, we're kind of stuck." You nodded your head, sucking in a shaky breath. You lifted your gaze from the laminated floor, finally meeting Dick's soft emerald gaze. You tried to smile, but it didn't quite work out as instead a small sob escaped.

Dick cautiously pushed you a small distance away from himself, simply so that he could take a look at you. Your eyes were red and slightly puffy from crying. Your were tinted a red color, most likely a leftover effect from your anger. Your hair was disheveled, but that was due in part to Dick rubbing his hand through the soft locks.

"Are you okay?"

You nodded, sniffling softly. You smiled shyly up at Dick before frowning. Dick peered at you curiously before asking, "What?" Your frown only increased, "I'm hungry."

Dick chuckled, a large grin spreading across his face. Of course one of the big things about pregnancy was the appetite that came with. Dick had to admit, your new appetite was almost as large as Wally's own, and that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

A small squeal escaped your lips as he gently scooped you into his arms, carrying you off towards the kitchen for a late night snack.

[A/N: I need to clarify, for those who haven't realised that this is an AU where Bruce never took in Dick hence the money problems]