Robin {Jason} x Reader

This was originally meant to be a fanfic but I decided to just fuck it and make it a oneshot.

Warnings? The F bomb is used a lot
KEY:
(Y/N): your name
(N/N): nick name

Warnings? The F bomb is used a lotKEY:(Y/N): your name(N/N): nick name

___

You were there. Among the rubble, lifting every piece of shattered glass and brick, tirelessly searching for a body you didn't want to believe was there. Your arms ached, as you lifted a withering door, to reveal the body of your best friend.

"J-Jason." You feebly cried, your worst fears come true. You knew this would happen, but to see it? That was a much worse. You hugged Jason's body to yourself, refusing to let go even when your teammates told you he wasn't alive.

It had been years, six precisely, since then. So when you heard the raspy, thick voice of the boy you believed you'd lost, you couldn't believe it.

There he was, clad in red, throwing punch after punch at you. If it weren't for the way he said your name "(Y/N)?", you wouldn't have known. Yet, there was a small part of you, you believed had known it was him.

He was taller, a ghost of a smile appeared on your lips, you used to tease for being shorter than you, but look how the tables had turned. His muscles were more defined, he no longer had those thin arms you had come to love, instead they were replaced with larger, stronger ones.  His face was still hidden, yet you knew how he looked.

You imagined he still had those sharp eyebrows, and those piercing green eyes that you always felt judged you. His smirk that made you feel that he always knew something you didn't. You knew it was him.

Before you could even retaliate, he was called to the side of his mentor/ master, you weren't sure which. You glared at Ra's, thoughts flooding in to your mind. If Jason was alive, why didn't he come back to you? Was he angry that you didn't come for him? Was he mad that you didn't aid him in his journey to Ethiopia?

You were told to leave. The team and you headed back to the bishop. You didn't speak a word; you didn't want to. You knew it was him, yet you didn't know what to say.

The team didn't notice your shock, the silence being something they were accustomed to. "I saw him," you said, eyes piercing forward.

Nightwing turned around, a look of sympathy on his face. He didn't say anything though.

"I saw Jason. I swear." You pleaded, the rest of the team all gazed down, well aware of the likelihood of what you were saying being true: zero. With the exception of Brion, Halo and Forager who only sensed the shift in mood, yet did not question why.

You're lips thinned, knowing that they wouldn't have believed you. Who would? Hadn't you done this before?

Once you arrived back to Happy Harbour, you were stopped by M'gann and Dick. Both having an endearing look on their facing, but to you it was a look of pity.