Robin {Jason} x Reader✅

[please comment and give feedback]

edited;

[A/N: Just to clarify reader & Jason are between the ages 8-12]

There you stood, in the waiting room of the GCPD, your arms crossed over your chest, glaring through the dingy window that separated the waiting room from the hallway. Your cold (E/C) eyes were narrowed, corners of your mouth tugged down in to scowl as you watched a man dressed in a neat black suit crouch down in front of a boy. His left shoe was the only thing you could you could see, with its untied white laces.

Phones began rang shrilly, a constant noise that was easily drowned out by the buzz of people talking, yelling and in some cases puking up the fifth portion of alcohol they had drunk onto the hooker next to them.

You were surrounded by constant movement; officers walking back and forth, some in uniform some out but your eyes didn't leave that single shoe.

You urged to see, to hear but you had been told to wait, to stand there and above all else when you meet him, to be on your best behavior.

"Mr. Wayne." The voice of a man with a a nicely styled mustache and retro 50s nostalgia glasses had brought you back to reality. Commissioner Gordon; you recognized him from the many conversations that '(H/N)' and Batman had shared with him on a rooftop.

You became too focused and intrigued on that shoe that you now saw had a pair of jeans attached to it, followed by the bottom of a black t-shirt that moved all the way up to the face of a handsome, yet rugged and bemired, boy. He had emerald eyes that shone in comparison to your (E/C) ones, he would have been a decent looking boy if it weren't for the mean scowl that graced his lips.

"You won't be going to the same school as you did before, and there'll be someone else living with us too." The voice of the man who took you in a his ward beamed, gentle and caring. "I don't care." The boy scoffed, his voice the exact opposite of Bruce's; rough and demeaning.

You tried your best not to reply with a snarky comment and listened to what Bruce had to say. "Then, if you don't care, are you ready to get out of here?" He had used the same gentle voice continued that he had earlier.

Bruce then turned around, revealing you who was slightly hidden behind his Bruce torso. The boys emerald eyes locked onto yours and he opened his mouth to speak, crossed arms dropping so he could shove his hands in his pockets of his jeans instead. "So who's the short stack?"

And that was how you had met Jason Todd.

A loud sound echoed from above the living room, in which you were currently situated. Just what was that boy doing up there? You could hear him over the tv.

Last nights drive from the police station had been in completely silent. Bruce had let the new boy sit up in the front seat. Normally, this wouldn't have bothered you normally, except for the fact that as Jason opened the front door he stuck his tongue out at you.

Of course you tried to be the mature one, but it didn't work. No matter what you tried, he managed to ridicule you. You had to resist the urge to kick the back of his seat the whole ride, which he had made sure to slide back as far as possible, taking up much more room than he could have possibly of needed with his legs.

"Miss (Y/N), Alfred called, slowly entering the living room. "Are you hungry yet?" You turned your head backwards and smiled at the man that you had viewed as the closest thing to a grandfather you would ever have and nodded.