Impulse x Reader✅

[please vote and give feedback]

Requested by:
@-supergirl

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
S/N - Superhero Name
Y/W - Your Weapon
N/N - Nick Name

edited;

You surveyed the warehouse, letting out a tiresome sigh. Without breaking a sweat, Superboy threw one of the enemies at three others more, knocking them all down. One by one, using his armour, Bluebeetle struck them in a straight line and watched as their enemies fell.

Wondergirl was in the air, before diving and slamming some into the wall. Robin was using his bo-staff to flip over the heads of a few enemies, throwing a few of his birdarangs as he did so. Impulse took a battling stance, his fists raised up against one of the enemies who held a a sharp, long stick.

You turned to see two enemies approaching you. You let out a menacing growl, before arming yourself with your (Y/W). A victorious smile appeared in your face as you triumphed, rendering them immobile. 

The team had been on this mission for the past two hours, and you were beginning to grow tired. Your lungs burned from the running, your arms swore from using your (Y/W), and your aching muscles dawdling from constant use.

You cursed your aching arms as you carried (Y/W) and scanned the warehouse one more time. Your breathing hitched as you saw one of them carrying a sword as they approach behind Bart who was too busy fighting another to notice.

"Impulse! Behind you!"

As the enemy inched towards Bart, your breaths came in short, quick pants. As you began fumbling with your (Y/W), you realised that you were shaking because you knew that if you had missed the shot, Bart would be in danger of death. Bart would be dead. 

You intently watched as the creature came closer to Bart, ready to strike. You stopped breathing, letting go of your (Y/W). Your (Y/W) flee past the creatures head, short by a couple of centimetres. You had missed. By a few measly centimetres. You had endangered Bart's life because of a couple centimetre's

You raptly watched as Bart turned around, a horrified expression on his face. He was about to use his super speed to get away, but he wasn't quick enough. The sword had already pieced his skin and penetrated it until the end came out the other way. Bart's eyes widened as as his knees buckled under him. An agonising cry left his lips as he landed on the ground.

"BART!" Wondergirl cried, as she stopped what she was doing. The others, on instinct, turned around to see a pool of blood surrounding Bart's torn body.

You watched as Bart clutched his stomach, trying to stop the blood from spilling out. It was because of you, that his face twisted in pain and fear. It was because you missed that he was dying before your eyes.

It was your fault.

Without knowing, your legs were subconsciously moving. You hadn't noticed this until you were stepping into the puddle of his blood. You didn't care that your (S/N) costume was slowly turning red. You didn't care when that your arms were begging you to stop as you lifted Bart's head off the ground.

You watched as his fruitful green eyes opened, swimming with fear and pain. "It's going to be okay," you weren't sure if that was directed towards him, or to yourself.

"Just hold on." No reply came, he only blinked. Once, twice, and the third time, his eyes didn't open again. Superboy came over and picked him lifeless body up as the rest of the team hurried to the ship.