Superboy x Reader

Requested by:
@cra-cra_girl

Usually, Connor hated these kinds of missions. While there were numerous reasons he could give anyone, the biggest was that he didn't like the fact that he had to dress up and be someone else. This had been one of the missions he had skipped in the past, but due to some visiting dignitaries Aqualad made him come along this time. At least tonight it was a bit harder to spot him as he was dressed as Robin Hood for some Gotham bigshot's Halloween gala.

How does that Aqualda get him to do these stupid things? He's too good a talker, is what it is.

What made this slightly worse was that for the next few days he was going to have to babysit one of the daughters of the bigshot. There were so many nightmares running through his head that he was dreading the assignment. But, once again, Aqualad convinced him to do it.

As the night wore on and Connor was trying to be polite by telling the same stories he had told a hundred times before, he kept catching glimpses of a stunning costume. You were dressed as the Queen of the hearts; wearing a regal looking, red gown with a low swooping collar and high slit up the skirt, and a heart shimmering on her back. He would've loved to know who the you were, but you wore a masquerade mask, obscuring your face. As introverted as he was, even he wanted to go over and strike up a conversation with you.

But whenever he saw you there was already a crowd of admirers around you. So, he settled for simply watching you move about gracefully.

Finally, getting a rare moment of peace alone, he quickly grabbed one of the fancy hors d'oeuvres that were being brought around. As he chewed, trying to figure out just what he was eating, he again looked about for you.

Just as he finished eating he heard the clicking of high heels as someone approached him from behind. With sharpened reflexes, Connor spun around and found himself face to face with the very person he had been watching all evening. While your face was hidden by the mask, he could still see your vibrant (E/C) eyes and lips covered in red lipstick. Those red lips curled into a smile. "Good evening, Sir. I was hopping I would get a moment to talk to you."

As he listened, he was the feeling of recognition at hearing her voice, but he just couldn't place it.

The your lips curled even higher.

"Are a guest of the host?"

"Yes," you answered. "I have noticed you watching me this evening as well. I had been hoping you would have come over sooner."

"Well, I like to keep a low profile at these things, and you seemed to have been enjoying your admirers' attention."

"They may be my admirers but they are not mine to admire."

Connor swallowed nervously, feeling like he was playing a game he was over matched in. Women had always been his Achilles heel. He was completely clueless when it came to things like attraction and flirting.

"I was wondering, if you have the weekend. We could better get to know one another." You said suggestively, running your hand along his shoulder.

Now his mind was at war with himself. He caught himself glancing away from the your eyes, downward to where your corset framed her breasts beautifully. Snapping his eyes back upwards, he could tell the you thought it amusing.

"I would love to," Connor replied, trying to keep his voice as level as possible. "Unfortunately, I'm already promised to the Host's daughter. To show her about Gotham."

For a moment, he watched as you pouted, and then for a brief moment, smirk a little. But before he could figure out why, your face was placid again. "Pity," she told him. "Most men would do anything for just one night with a Queen. The host's daughter is a lucky lady."

Distracted for a moment, Connor looked away and by the time he looked back, she had disappeared. Damn Kaldur, he thought to himself sarcastically. He hated being the good little boy sometimes.

Towards the end of the gala, he had eventually wandered over to Kaldur's side, and was being introduced to the Host and his wife.

"Connor," Kaldur began. "This is Mr and Mrs. (L/N)."

Mr (L/N) smiled at him. "It is an honor to finally meet you, Connor. We have all heard such wonderful things."

"And, I would finally like to thank you for protecting my daughter," Mrs (L/N) added.

"Hello Robin Hood." exclaimed the same voice as the Queen's.

Spinning around, Connor came face to face with the Queen, but this time your mask was removed. Looking like an idiot, Connor's jaw dropped. "You're-"

You gave Connor a teasing smile, knowing what Connor was trying to say. "Father, Kaldur'ahm, if it is alright, may we be excused for the evening," she asked the two older men as she slipped her arm around Connor's.

With Kaldur nodded,

"Why didn't you... The mask," Connor rambled for a moment.

You laughed softly. "I wanted to see if you were quite the detective they said you were. In some ways you are, and in some... you're not," she told him with a sincere smile.

"Okay?"

With a dazzling smile, you looked over at him as they left. "Like I said earlier, we have the weekend, and I would like to better get to know you."

You two quickly descended the grand staircase to leave the hall. Emerging outside, you slipped in front of him and gave him a small kiss.

To his dismay, Conner found himself blushing a little. "Where would you like to go?"

"First, to rid me of this costume, it is quite uncomfortable," You told him, and smiled when he snickered. "But, afterwards, like I said, the weekend... and perhaps more is ours." You leaned in and kissed him again, but this time, Connor wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed you back.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: God this is cliche and also a bit weird...