Superboy x Reader ⚠️

a/n: this isn't as much as a pairing as it is friendship/hurt.

unedited;

(f/e/c) ~ father eye colour
(v/f) ~ villain father

One flinch was all it took before you were discovered. Just one flinch.

You would've thought you could hide it better, but no. Of course someone would figure it out, but you had secretly hoped that it would take longer than this.

"(Y/N)? Are you all right?" The hyper vigilant kryptonian spoke up, coming to halt from where he was walking.

"I'm fine. Leave me alone." You hissed in return. Because really, you were fine. He just caught you by surprise, that was all.

"You don't look fine, tell me what's wrong."

"There's nothing to tell you Superboy, because I'm fine!" He noted your change in demeanour, the forced smile on your face and the fact that you had chosen to call I'm by his alias. From the few months he had been here, he learnt soon enough that they were all indications to fact that you weren't fine.

"People don't flinch when they're fine."

"You scared me, that's all." It's not a lie. He did scare you. But as much as you tried to deny it, you couldn't deny the piercing (f/e/c) orbs you saw, your fathers wispy hair, the flood of anger that flashed across his face. For a split second Connor was gone, and you're father was there.

"I know I scared you, I want to know why. Because you've never been afraid of me before. Not the 'clueless idiot' as you like to call me sometimes."

"People flinch when you throw your fist at their head Connor, it just happens."

"I may not be as aware as you, but I know for a fact that they don't flinch that violently and then let the fist hit them (Y/N). I'm not stupid, what's going on at home, who's hurting you?" He inquired because, although he may not be socially aware, he definitely knew when something was wrong.

"No one is hurting me! I'm fine!" You lied, eyes darting at anything that wasn't Connor.

"Is it (V/F)?"

"I- what? How would I know (V/F)?" You began to panic. How does he know, only batman knew. Was it robin? You only told him out of strict confidence!

"One generally knows who their own father is (Y/N). Im not stupid and before you freak out entirely, I don't care that he's your father if you hadn't noticed yet I a have pretty good hearing and can tell that when one's heart beat changes, their usually lying. You have proven that you can be trusted and you are my friend. What I want to know is if your father is hurting you."

"No, he's not. Leave me alone Superboy, I don't need this." He had struck a nerve there, noticing that you hadn't called Connor but rather Superboy again.

"Don't lie to me (Y/N)."

"You know what? Fine! FINE! My father has been coming home lately and beating me up for not being a good enough daughter, for failing him and becoming a hero. Are you happy now?" You confessed, tears beginning to sting at your eyes.

"You don't deserve it (Y/N)."

"How would you know what I deserve? I'm evil; I was born into a criminal family! I deserve everything he throws at me!" You recited everything your father had said about you, about himself and about your mother because, after all, it was true.

"You deserve nothing of the sorts (Y/N). You're not evil, you're good. You're a hero despite your background; you deserve nothing he throws at you." Connor pleaded, his eyes softening as he gazed at your shattering demeanour. He knew you wouldn't trust him easily but the matter of fact is that he knew exactly what you were going through.

"I- I..." You stutter out and he moves forwards and pulls you into a hug. Connor could count the thousands of times that he wanted, no needed, a hug in times of desperation.

"I'll always be here for you (Y/N), and so will the rest of the team."

He pulls away and smiles at you, and you find yourself smiling back.

"I- Thanks Connor."

"No problem. Now you just leave (V/F) to me, we'll make sure he never touches you again."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course."

A/N: and once again I've reappeared *gasp* to upload. Feed back would be really nice😇

Tbh I feel like i made Connor to OOC