Red Arrow x Reader ⚠️ ✅

[please comment and give feedback]

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
H/C - Hair Colour
E/C - Eye Colour

edited;

Roy began to curtly pace back and forth outside the hospital ward. He had just arrived from a mission in Bialyia, and you had gotten shot by a rifle causing you to pass out from the loss of blood. Roy was beyond worried, he was utterly terrified.

"Roy," Oliver called. He slowly made his way towards the panicking boy and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. Roy brushed him off, not wanting to listen to anyone's pleas of despair and false hope.

He had refused to talk to anyone, not even Kaldur. He had refused to talk to anyone from the moment that you had been pulled away from his arms and rushed in to the med-bay.
He hadn't even changed out of his uniform, he was scared that if he had left, you would be gone.

Roy had even tried to pinch himself to wake him up, only to realise it was not dream. And to think that just a few hours ago, the two of you would've taken your relationship to the next level if it weren't for the last minute mission.

6 hours earlier...

"Where's your dad?" Roy asked as you lead him in to your house. "He's on a business trip... Out of town," you added hoping that he'd get the message. Today was Roy's eighteenth birthday, officially making him of legal age. The first surprise you had gotten him was a quiet dinner between the two of you, since you hadn't been in touch for a while and his second surprise...

Butterflies began to dance in your stomach as you quickly brought him to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water to calm your nerves. Roy, who noticed this, asked, "(Y/N), Are you alright? You seem a little nervous."

Nervous would've been the understatement of the year because if everything went according to plan you would lose your virginity to the man you loved dearly tonight. You swallowed a large gulp of water, refusing to look at Roy who was standing in the doorway.

You weren't exactly eager to ride the hobby horse but you thought it was the right time. The two of you were eighteen. The only thing that caused you to hesitate was the thought that Roy didn't want to. The topic had come up a couple times but Roy hadn't comment on it much. You were absolutely in the dark to how he'd react.

"Uh (Y/N)?" Roy called, bringing you out of your thoughts. He began to step towards you and wrapped his arms around your waist, "Are you alright?" He inquired again, his blue eyes flashing with concern. His breath tickling your ear, causing you to instantly look up.

"I'm okay." You quickly looked away, not wanting to be captivated by those beautiful blues. You began to chew at your bottom lip, not daring to look at him. "I have another, uh, surprise for you," you bashfully looked further away from him.

"Do you?" Roy hummed, bemused by your expression. You looked back at him, no longer biting your lip, and smiled. You quickly nodded as a sly smirk appeared on his face. "Would you like to show me then?" He questioned, licking his lips.

You began to run your hands up and down his biceps, heart beating faster as you did so. He tilted his head forwards before crashing his lips to yours. He began to moan in your mouth as you wasted no time in thrusting your arms around his neck. Your tongues clashed against each other in an attempt for dominance.

Roy's hands began to roam lower, now resting on your butt. "Let's go to my room?" You asked whilst Roy was currently stealing kisses from your neck. You felt butterflies, no bees, that severely stung your stomach. Volts of anxiety and nervousness began to swirl in your stomach as you felt Roy's hardness against your thigh.

When the two of you made your way outside the kitchen, Roy was still kissing you. He lead you down the hall and towards the stairs but unfortunately, just as you were going up the stairs, a monotonous beeping stopped you.

A hoarse groaning sound escaped Roy's lips as he rolled his eyes, what was it this time? He slipped his hands off your waist and flashed you an apologetic smile as you folded your arms across your chest. "The team needs our help," he shrugged as he kissed your temple.

6 hours later...

The very thought of loosing you was beginning to eat him up from the inside. It was killing him. It was his fault, he repeated to himself over and over again. He looked at the med bay, watching closely as a few of the doctor's that operated at the watchtower tried to save your life.

The surgery seemed to be going well but Roy had a bad feeling settling in his stomach. He had grown to trust his gut, thinking of it as a sixth instinct. If he didn't know better, he would've said that the odds were against you, after all when you were a hero things tended to go wrong.

Hours passed and Roy decided to finally enter the room, taking a seat next to your bed. He hated to admit it but his gut was right, after the surgery you had slipped into a coma, one they couldn't state when you were coming out of.

He listened to the monotonous beeping in the background, softly stroking your hand. He was glad that the sound was there, it reassured him that you were alive. A few tears were threatening to fall as he shook his head, causing the tears to splash on the ground.

He slowly inhaled, trying to calm his breathing. Never had he thought that something would happen to you. He slowly brought your fragile hand to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to your tender flesh.

He clasped his hands on his face, silently crying in to them. "(Y/N) He whispered, voice cracking, "Please wake up." His voice seemed to cause a sob to overcome his body, "Please, (Y/N), wake up."

He brought your two hands towards his, holding them in place as he sucked in a couple of shaky breaths. His icy blue eyes kept moving back and forth to the ceiling, trying to hold tears but it seemed to not be working as more streaked down his cheeks.

"Please (Y/N) I ne-"

He was interrupted by the loud beeping noise that echoed and bounced around the room. His breathing stopped as he processed what was happening. His eyes went wide as the heart monitor flat-lined.

He dragged his hands through his hair muttering, "No, no, no." The door to the hospital room pulled open as doctors swarmed in. Time seemed to stop as the doctors filed around your motionless body. Roy was pulled out of the room against his will, shouting and screaming.

With a blank face, Roy watched as the doctors attempted to effortlessly re-stabilize your body. Words became deaf to his ears and the only thing that he could hear was the ringing beeping.

He watched as your body jumped up as they zapped the defibrillator on your chest. No reaction. Twice, No reaction. Thrice, and still no reaction. The news seemed to settle in as Roy blankly stared as the doctors left your body. He realised what had happened. You were gone.

Roy pounded on the glass window as muffled screams echoed in the waiting room as he begged you to come back. An endless stream of tears streaked down Roy's cheeks as his cries became more and more unstable.

Strong arms wrapped around him, dragging him away kicking and screaming. His screams were pained, strangled, and broken.

[A/N: this may be my favourite one shot that I've written. If you haven't picked up on it, this isn't my usual writing style. I just wanted to experiment]