Kid Flash x Reader✅

[please comment and give feedback]

unedited;

"So, who's going to tell him?" Artemis asked, looking over at Wally who was still sitting on the floor, trying to get M'gann to give him a birthday kiss.

"You're getting warmer, babe," He said to M'gann who had cut him a large piece of cake. "But I can make you warmer still."

"He is the only one who doesn't know," you admitted, smirking at your friend's idiocy.

"Then please, allow me." Artemis walked passed you with an all too happy smile on her face.

As you watched the blonde walk over to Wally, your own smile slid off your face and a heavy feeling formed in your chest. You watched as Artemis sat on the couch and put her hand on Wally's shoulder, getting his attention. The archer whispered in his ear. You could do nothing but watch as confusion and then pain flickered over Wally's face before he turned his eyes onto M'gann and Connor. M'gann was feeding Connor cake, wiping the reminisce off of his mouth, only to lick it off her own thumb. You found it sickening, having never liked the overly romantic stuff.

"Aw, man." Wally's shoulders slumped.

You felt your shoulders pull back, your jaw set and your brow draw down. You took a step towards Artemis before your mentor's voice rang through the mountain, drawing your attention.

"Attention team, suit up, polar stealth, mission briefing in five."

It had been a while since you had had to wear your white outfit. You didn't like it but nonetheless, you rushed to get ready, as did all the other teenagers.

When you walked back out of your room, your hood off and your mask on, you saw Wally leaning against the opposite wall, a sad look on his face. His Kid Flash outfit was white like yours.

"You knew, didn't you? You tried to warn me." He didn't look up at you, your boots letting him know you were standing in front of him.

"I'm sorry," you whispered, walking forward and putting a hand on the emblem on his chest.

"Don't be" Wally gave a small smile as he looked up, only for a flash of surprise to go through his eyes. "You should wear white more often, it looks good."

Moments later, you pulled up your hood. You smiled, taking Kid Flash's hand and leading him to the meeting room. You had no idea what to expect, but Wally wasn't keen to do a mission on his birthday. He had perked up at the prospect of teaming up with the Justice League, however, that quickly tempered out at the knowledge that he was the only one not joining them.

He had a separate mission to complete involving a heart transport. He was the only one able to do it, since The Flash was busy on the first mission, and the roads were all closed, and to make matters worse, the heart had a timer. If it wasn't at the hospital in time, the heart would be useless and the girl would die. As much as he wanted to go on the big league mission, you knew he wouldn't turn down the second mission even if he could.

As everyone else ran off to the hanger to organize transport, you turned to Wally. "Good luck, KF, I'll bring you back a souvenir." You gave him a quick hug. "Now go save a girl's life and be the knight in yellow spandex." You ran off to join the others, throwing a quick 'happy birthday' over your shoulder.

Wally didn't get back to the mountain until noon the next day. When he walked in, he found you asleep on the couch, dark glasses sitting crooked so that he could see one of your eyelids.

Admittedly you looked peaceful and young, curled up like a little child. To still be asleep at this hour, you must have been awake all night. By the fact that you were asleep on the couch, you must have been waiting for him too. He noticed on the table something that looked like a power cell as big as a can of coke. It must have been one of the cells from a gun you had taken down.

With a small smile, he ran off to his room, coming back with a blanket that he draped over your sleeping body. The moment it touched you though, you jumped awake.

Wally saw a flash of colour before your glasses fell back into place. It happened so quickly that he wasn't sure what colour he had seen, but to have noticed it, the colour would have had to been bright.

"Wally!" You tackled him into a hug. "Don't put false news reports up without telling me first."

The red head chosen not to comment that you had hurt him when he hit the ground, instead accepting the hug. He stroked your back, feeling how tense you were. "I'm sorry. I tried to get in contact with you, but I couldn't get through with the storm. I see you got me a souvenir."

You laughed, letting him go and picking up the power cell as you stood. "Want to go put it in the souvenir room. I hope you got one from your mission."

"Yeah, I did." He stood as well with a smile. "I'll show you." He led the way into the room, noticing that you were catching up with the news. You had always done that after big missions. He put your souvenir on the shelf before picking up the organ box that he had put in the floor earlier.

"I was offered a royal sword. The sword was cool but this just seemed like the right souvenir for the right mission." He put a hand to his chin as he admired its position on the shelf.

"Wally," you called, your hands wide as you walked forward. "I just heard, you saved an entire country!" You exclaimed. "Well (Y/N) What can I say," Wally started, turning to face you. "I'm the man!"

"A birthday kiss would have still been nice though." He hadn't noticed he was speaking out loud until you commented.

"Why is it so important for you to get kissed for your 16th? It's just a kiss. If it makes you feel better, I got you a hell of a lot of presents."

Wally turned away from you as his face heated up. Of course you wouldn't understand. For one thing, you used to be in a romantic relationship someone who wasn't fictional... and for another thing, he remembered you saying something about your first kiss when you were thirteen! And here he was at the age of sixteen waiting for any intimate contact with the opposite sex. "It... it doesn't matter."

He heard you sigh. You were probably getting sick of him bringing it up. He felt your hand on his shoulder, warm through his red turtleneck. Turning, ready to apologize, he found the breath leaving his body when you pulled his head down with a hand on the back of his neck. One of his eyes stared straight into the black glass of your glasses before he realized he should close his eyes.

Something extremely soft pressed against his lips. He didn't think something so soft could exist but it did. As he tilted his head into the feeling, burying his hand in your hair, he also noticed how sweet it tasted. He had thought M'gann's cake was amazing, but this beat anything he had ever tasted in his life. His other hand moved to your waist, pulling you to him sharply. The moment you were pressed against him, his stomach constricted and his heart gave an odd thump.

You moved her hand from his neck, sliding it down to his chest as you pulled back. Looking up at his stunned face, you smiled, making him stop breathing. You seemed to notice the gasp, making you bite your lip and blush. "I know you didn't want your birthday kiss from me, but it's all I could do."

Wally fell forward until his forehead rested against yours, a dreamy smile on his face. "You have no idea how much I'm not complaining. Also, you are one hell of a kisser."

You contemplated what he said before you blushed. It wasn't often he got to see you blush, let alone make you do it and now he had done it more than once in a matter of minutes. "I guess I'm as much of a natural kisser as you are." You quickly ducked out from under him, heading for the door. "But I guess you don't need the other presents I got you now."

"No way, you always get me the best stuff and I didn't even get a chance to open any." He ran after you using normal speed, otherwise where would the fun be?