Robin {Dick} x Reader✅

[please comment and give feedback]

Requested by:
@book222

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
E/C - Eye Colour
L/N - Last Name
S/N - Superhero Name

edited;

You were batman's protege, and you rarely saw the infamous Robin. At least that was until you had been recruited by the batman to join a covert team and saw him on a daily occasion. And ever since you and Robin had shared that new year's kiss, you developed a crush on him. But who could blame you? He was really cute, and incredibly funny.

"(Y/N)?"

"Hm?" You snapped out of your daydreaming, looking over at Dick. "You've been staring at nothing for half the class," he whispered, leaning over to your side. "I guess I'm tired," you shrugged. Figuring that this was as good a time as any, you look at him, "Um, Dick?"

"Who are you going to the dance with?"
He looked a little distressed, resting his head in his hand, "I was going to ask Barbara, but her friend said she already has a date..."

"Is anyone else you can ask?" you said hoping that he'd get the hint. He shook his head, "No, most of the girls in my classes already have someone to go with, and the ones that don't aren't even going at all," he frowned. "What about someone in the team?" You asked.

He just gave you a knowing look. Most of the team didn't even know his secret identity, except you, Artemis and Wally. "Since Wally knows that our schools having a dance, he asked Artemis." He sighed before slowly eyeing you, "What about you? I heard a few guys asked you..."

You shrugged. Although a few guys had asked you, you had turned them down. You didn't know people here that well, since you had only gotten a Wayne scholarship four months ago. "I've only been here for a short while and I don't want to go with someone I'm not close with." You put your head down on your desk, "I was planning on hanging with a few other dateless girls..."

Dick looked sincerely surprised by your response. "Y-You really don't have a date?" He asked, dumbfounded. "Is that so hard to believe?" You asked as the school bell began to ring, signalling that class was over. You both grabbed your stuff as you headed out of class. You begin to open your locker with Dick trailing behind me.

"It's a little." He said, nonchalantly placing his hands in his pockets. "I hear guys talking about you all the time," he says. You grabbed your books, hugging them to your chest before turning to face him. "If you want, we could go together." In that moment you wanted to slap yourself for being so darn blunt.

"You really want go with me?" he exclaimed, sounding surprised again. He couldn't have possibly wanted to go with you right? He liked Barbara. You began walking, Dick by your side. "Why not? I was kinda planning on asking you before, but then I heard about Barbara and... well I figured you'd rather go with her, anyway." You stopped, turning to him. "It's your choice though, if you'd rather not."

"Sounds like a good idea to me," He grinned, his eyes sparkling. "I'll uh, meet you there? I've gotta help Artemis with her dress and stuff?" You said, finding yourself surprised that he'd agreed to your sudden arrangement.
He nodded, his smile never leaving his face. "I'm gonna go to class now. I'll see you later (Y/N)"

Before you knew it, the school day was over and you were in Artemis' apartment helping her in to a dress. "Why do I have to wear a dress again?" Artemis groaned, refusing to wear the dress. "Because it's a dance that your boyfriend was kind enough to to invite you to," you hissed shoving the dress in her arms.