Nightwing x Reader

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
S/N - Superhero Name
E/C - Eye Colour

unedited;

Dick and Zatanna had now been dating for a year which coincidentally happened to be the worst year of your life.

You and Dick had been the best of friends since you were both eight — when Dick had first moved in with Bruce — and over time, you had begin to develop feeling towards him. It made you feel weird to him as your crush because you had always known that you were in love with him but unfortunately he had been otherwise occupied with Zatanna.

And it definitely didn't help your unrequited feelings that you had to patrol with him every night because Bruce was worried about your safety after what happened with Jason.

These petrols were the only time the two of you got to be the best friends that you are; laughing, joking and as always taking down the bad guys. But this wasn't always the case: 9/10 times an hour into your patrols, Dick's phone goes off and you had to listen to him spend the next couple of hours on the phone either flirting, laughing or arguing with Zatanna.

This was the main reason you were training in the Batcave alone. After spending an excruciating last hour listening to Dick and Zatanna argue over the phone, you made up an excuse to Dick about feeling ill so that you could leave. Instead of going home — as you probably should've done — you decided that whilst there is nobody in the Batcave it would be the best time to get some training in and practice some new moves.

After changing into my exercise gear that you left in the cave, you grabbed your MP3 device and headed over to the large gymnastic mat, shoving the ear buds into your ears. You flicked through your playlist of songs until you came across one that perfectly fit your situation at this moment.

As the opening of the song began to fill your ears as you readied yourself into an appropriate stance in the middle of the mat and began your gymnastics moves and decided to sing along as you moved.

After spending the last hour arguing with Zatanna on the phone, Dick had come to the conclusion that their relationship just wasn't working anymore. Feeling sorry for himself, he sulked back to his bike, ready to return to the Batcave and possibly call you so when he could check how you felt and maybe whine about what happened with Zatanna — he knew that you'd always be able to cheer him up no matter what.

Just as he began to rev his bike up along the last stretch of road to the Batcave, he took a change of course, he entered the cave park and shut off his bike before heading towards the showers.

Just as he was about to walk into the changing area leading to the showers, his ear picked up a faint noise that sounded like singing. He followed the sound back out of the changing room and across the Batcave towards the Training Wing, before he could reach there however his eyes lock onto an interesting sight - You were practicing your moves whilst singing.

He hid himself behind a pillar that looked towards the gymnastics mat that he decide to settle in and watched the show...

He watched as you back flipped and landed in a low crouch.

He watched as you did a sweeping kick, going in to a back stand and punch the air.

Composing yourself, you prepared for your next lot of moves, however Dick in a complete state of awe, just watching you gracefully slide and dance across the mat - you had looked so beautiful, why hadn't he ever paid this much attention to you like this before?

But that wasn't the main reason he was in this trance like hypnosis, it was because of the angelic voice that echoed through the cave. He had never heard you sing before and you just sounded perfect, and he couldn't help but feel an overwhelming need to hear more!