Impulse x Reader

Key Words;
(S/H/N) ~ superhero name
(Y/N) ~ your name

"I'm sorry."

You didn't know how many times you'd heard a certain speedster say those words in the past few days. He'd said them to each member of the team at least ten times, and you were pretty sure that he'd said them to Jaime Reyes more like a million.

And it was starting to. Piss. You. Off.

You understood that he had a basis for all these sorry's. Ok, so yes, he did go 'lie' about his motives for staying in the past, and he did lie about being a his time machine breaking down and there was that thing about changing the course of history. But he had to, it wasn't a matter of choice or want. In fact, he was trying to save you guys!

Which was the point you decided you were going to make as Bart came up for his – count it! – eleventh sorry to you.

You grabbed him by the arm, ignoring the faint 'ow' that he squeaked, and dragged him to a private room in the cave.

"You listen to me, Bartholomew! You need to stop saying sorry. For one, it wasn't your fault! And two, it's really starting to make me mad!" You burst out as soon as you were behind closed doors.

"W-what?" Bart said, before yelling right back at you, "Not my fault?! Not my fault? Do you know what I've done? Wally?! I did that to Wally. And...and I betrayed you all!"

You stared at him. "Seriously? Bart, you come from a time that we try and not to make possible every single day and whose here to blame you if you did the exact same thing? Not many people can say they'd do the same. I'm selfish and not half as heroic as you are! You were willing to sacrifice your life – you god damn life! – to save us all, and then you walk around having the nerve to apologize? You – you ass!"

You stood there panting from your outburst as he stared at you.

"You don't mean that." He said softly. "There's no way you can. Not after Wally. Not after what I did."

"After what you did? Bart-" He held up his hand, stopping you.

"How will any of you be able to trust me anymore? I betrayed you guys! For all you know, I could've made the future even worse! I wouldn't even know! I didn't know at first before, and then then Wally, and I can't do anything right."

"Oh." You whispered. "That's it."

"That's what?"

"You don't think you deserve to be trusted anymore." He opened his mouth to talk, but you cut him off. "But you know what, Bart? You're the most trustworthy, kind, heroic guy I know. And yeah, maybe at first we'll – Nightwing and a few others – will be wary of you, but we had Miss M and the Martian Manhunter look in your head and they claim you're good, and besides, even if they weren't sure, it wouldn't matter, because I trust you."

He looked at you in surprise. "Do you really mean that?"

You looked down, not meeting his eyes. "Of course I do. Every word. You're amazing, Bart."

He laughed. "That's ironic, coming from you, the (S/H/N)."

You laughed to, and they settled into a comfortable silence.

Which she proceeded to break. "Bart?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you mind if I – ah never mind." You stopped, blushing.

"You what?" he looked at you, curious.

"If I kiss you?" You squeaked, your cheeks even more red than before.

"I-uh." He looked surprised, and you started to turn away, because, duh, Hello (Y/N), just because he called you (S/H/N) (which by the way is what a bunch of other people call you!) doesn't mean he likes you.

"(Y/N) – um, no I wouldn't." You whirled back in surprise, as he stood there bashfully.

"Oh." You said. "So I can?" He looked up, nodded, and said, "Yeah. I'd like that. A lot."

"Okay." You said. "But only if you stop saying sorry." He smiled at you, a real Bart Allen smile, and nodded.

And then you kissed.

A/N: I know this is short and I keep promising to update (y'all should stop believing me when I say that) but I've been real busy.

Would y'all read if I wrote a blue beetle fanfic because hardly anyone reads anything I write other than my oneshots.?