Arsenal x Reader

Warning: swearing

Ignore the spelling mistakes, I just wrote this and it's almost 3AM

(Y/N) = Your name

The team hadn't heard anything of Arsenal since he was kicked off, or "taking a break" as Nightwing likes to put it. And seeing as you were one of the least busiest team members of that moment, you were asked to check up on him.

You and arsenal weren't close by any means. You had only known him for the three short months he had been on the team and during those 3 months he had been nothing but - and excuse my French - a dick, which made it impossible for anyone to be remotely close to him. Now, you know that being frozen for eight years would make anyone annoyed, but it didn't and shouldn't excuse his behaviour at all.

You sighed as you approached the door to his apartment, preparing yourself for a snarky remark or the door being shut in your face - anything Arsenal-ish.

You knocked at first, but didn't receive a response.

"Arsenal!" You called, starting to bang at his door now, but to now avail. It was only midday so you wouldn't expect him to be anyway far from his home but then again this was Arsenal and you wouldn't be surprised If he had gone to get drunk at a sleazy bar or something.

You would've just given up and gone back home if it weren't for the fact that this guy was totally radio silent in terms of having contact with anyone. And if Nightwing send you to check up on him, something must be off.

Maybe this wasn't one of your brightest ideas and it would hurt and lead to at least a 100 dollars in damage, but you sucked a tight breath in and slammed your fist at the window near the door.

Dragging your arm throughout, you leaned your body on the door and used your hand to try to open the door from the inside.

"And who said brute strength wouldn't get you far?" your snorted to yourself as you dragged you arm back and proceeded to open the door.

What you saw next, would serve as a memory that you'd pray would leave your mind.

Arsenal on the floor, arm out, wrist bleeding with a needle not to far away from him.

"Shit." You hissed running towards him and dropping on your knees to cradle his head.

His breathing was fast and his eyes were flickering. His laboured breaths only making you shake along with him.

You tried to move his body on his side just in case he was overdosing so he wouldn't choke.

"Fuck fuck fuck..." you mumbled as you dug in to your pocket to get your phone. Your hands were shaking as you dialled the three numbers.

Training has prepared you for various numbers of health problems; stab wound, cuts, CPR but never an overdose

TIME SKIP

You sat on the sofa with Arsenal. He had a blanket draped over his shoulders and the two of you sat in silence. It had been an hours since he was discharged by the hospital and you walked him back to his apartment.

"Look, thanks for you know. But you can leave now." He said, not moving from where he was sat, neither did he bother to look at you.

"Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not here for your charming personality," you rolled your eyes, being the first to turn around and make eye contact.

"Arsenal." Your voice grew softer and he knew what he had heard in your voice: pity. His lips tugged downward and yet he decided to keep quiet till you finished.