Aqualad x Reader

Requested by @tylerwhittakerclarke

Key:
(S/H) superhero name

Being on a team with strangers was tough, being on a team when they were grieving over the death of a member was even tougher. You had been introduced, only a week later after the death of Robin and no one seemed to want to talk... or rather talk to you.

You figured it was because you had been introduced during a time where they were still recovering from the loss of a friend so you didn't blame them. Instead, you decided to frequent the cave less. Because who would care right?

Well at least that was what you thought until you were called in to talk with your team leader. He stood there with a poised stance, eyes ready to examine and head held high; something you greatly admired from him. You thought about it, this was probably your first conversation you were probably gonna have other than commands during missions.

"(S/H)" he called, as you entered the room. "Please call me (Y/N)" you insisted because, even though you didn't consider yourself to be apart of the team, you really wanted to move past the formalities.

"I've noticed, that you don't bond with the team often." He concluded as you shifted the weight between your legs. He had really put you on the spot there. "Erm, I don't mind," You shrugged, his gaze strengthened on your face, as if he was searching for something.

"I insist. When I became the leader of this team, I wanted the team to be the best, and that can only be achieved through mutual understanding"

And that's how you ended up in an ice rink in Happy Harbour with the whole team. Well, to be fair it was your suggestion, seeing as Kaldur had never gone ice skating... he didn't even know what it was for that matter.

"I don't think this is a great idea (Y/N)."

You laughed and did a little twirl on the ice. You moved from the middle of the rink to the edge where Kaldur was clinging to the wall. He had made no attempt to move from his place since skates had been strapped to his feet and he was pushed to the ice. Why did he agree to this?

"C'mon Kaldur. It's not that hard. You'll get the hang of it quickly," you coaxed.

He shook his head. Instantly he felt like he was a child again and didn't want to do his homework.

"C'mon. Please?" You skated closer to him at the edge. You grabbed his hand in an attempt to pry his death grip on the wall away.

He stubbornly clung to the wall. He squeezed his eyes shut. This was a bad idea. Bad, bad idea.

The sound of a skate stopping appeared behind you. Kaldur peeked to see Wally standing behind you.

"Aww, aren't you going to skate Kaldur?" He asked flipping his red scarf back over his shoulder.

Kaldur shook his head again and tightened his grip to the wall.

Another pair of skates stopped behind him. "Give it a rest Wally. He's obviously not comfortable with this at the moment." Thank Poseidon, Artemis was on his side.

"This is the situation where he needs just a little push."

Before he had time to comprehend what was happening his legs were swept out from beneath him and his seat landed on, well, a seat. Kaldur felt the wind rushing past his face and cautiously opened his eyes.

Artemis was pushing him with a chair. A chair!

You laughed and skated alongside the pair. You waited until Kaldur's eyes were upon you before you decided to twirl and skate backwards alongside them. The squawk Kaldur made you giggle. Kaldur blushed.