Bluebeetle x Reader

Keys;
Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Last Name

unedited;

For once in his life, everything was going right. His family had recently moved to Gotham; which he was expecting to be the worst thing in his life but actually happened to be one of the best. He had started Gotham North, a public school, and had somehow made it on the football team.

Not only that but he had gotten the guts to ask (Y/N) (L/N), the girl he had been seated next to in econ, and to top it all off he had become the bluebeetle.

Flying through the pollutant infested skies of Gotham, Jamie's ear piece began to pick up. "Beetle? Beetle?" The gruff voice of his mentor hissed through the earpiece.

"What's up?" Jamie's sighed in return. "I need you to head to the cave immediately." Jaime was perfectly okay with this plan, apart from the fact that he had a date in less than twenty minutes.

"But Batman, I h-have a date-" He tried to reason with his mentor who only cleared in throats in response. "I'll be waiting for you in the cave." And without being given a choice, Jaime headed towards the batcave.

Powering his suit down, Jaime stepped in to the cave with a scowl on his face. "You know, it's mandatory to show up to a date, especially when you're the one who asks someone out."

"In my day, we asked people out at a reasonable time," his Bruce retorted as he eyed the hispanic boy from the corner of his eye.

"I asked her to meet me at seven! And I am not going to be late." Jaime glared at the man who was eyeing him slowly.

Maybe trying to out glare the batman himself wasn't the smartest choice especially when his mentor caused his nerves to be all over the place.

Jaime shuffled his feet nervously as his mentors stare was getting to him. The eerie silence was broken as Batman speaks up, his deep voice chilling. "You are not going on that date." His mentors stated, lips presses into a straight line.

Jaime licked his bottom lip. "B-But," stammering, and damn it, he doesn't stutter. But he swallowed, courage filling up his chest before he blurts out, "I don't care Bruce! I'm going."

And at that, Batman's brows shoot up in surprise, the dark knight sending him an incredulous but Jaime didn't falter, his glare settled on his mentor firmly.

"Would you like to repeat that?" Batman inquires slowly, his visible lips pulling into a frown.

Jamie's nails are practically digging into his skin as he tightened his fists, "You deaf?" He questions sarcastically, "I'm going on that date!"

If it was possible, Batman's eyes narrowed even more, his scowl deepening before he growled. "You chose this life." He hissed, spinning around in his chair, facing away from Jaime.

Jaime watched, frowning at his mentor, before turning around and walking towards the exit, disappearing from sight.

"Am I late?" Jaime asked as you opened your front door. "No, because I haven't been hopelessly waiting for the past forty three minutes," you snarkily replied, rolling your eyes as you did so.