Aqualad X Reader

Key words:
Y/N ~ your name
E/C ~ eye colour

Requested by @no one

Valentine's Day was slowly approaching and a conversation, one starting quite innocently at first, had taken a different turn. While you didn't really mind the idea of going to a party alone, your dear friend Kaldur couldn't bare the idea of watching his two closest friends from Atlantis be together and he not be apart of it. The poor atlantean was genuinely upset at having to spend the holiday alone.

"It's not about being single." Kaldur would sigh, leaning back on the wall while you rummaged around in the kitchen. The two of you were currently alone in the cave, with the majority of the cave residents at school or at work. And since neither of needed to be at school or work at the moment, being at the cave had become a common occurrence for the two of you.

"Then what is it about, Kal?" You wondered, abandoning your search for whatever you were looking for in the kitchen cabinets and walking towards him.

"It is that I will have to go to the party alone while Tula goes with Garth." Kaldur practically growls at the name of his oldfriend while strongly squeezing the bottle in his hands. You take the bottle of water out of his hands. "And it's not about Tula either!"

"Are you sure about that? Cause it seems like it is about Tula." You didn't want to assume anything about what was going on, it was so out of character for Kaldur to get emotional over matters such as this. Sure, his 'crush' on Tula was pretty clear for everyone to see and you shouldn't be surprised, but you couldn't help but find amusement in his change of character.

"Okay, maybe a little, but not in the way you think," Kaldur admits begrudgingly.

"Alright, then in what way?"

"Garth and I have been friends since we were children. It's always been like Kaldur and Garth. That is until we met Tula. And I thought after confessing my love for her that she would reciprocate. But she's with Garth now and I don't know what to do."

"Just go by yourself! You'll have a fine time without Tula." You offered your advice but he knew as soon as you said it that wasn't what the Kaldur meant.

"I would like to do that, but I don't want to be so alone. Everyone has already invited someone. Even Garfield." Kaldur looked down in shame as he groaned in annoyance. Going to a party alone was one thing, but going to a party where everyone had a date was another. Something, he didn't really want to have to brave.

"Well, that's not quite true. I'm going alone." Your words rang in Kaldur's ears as he processed the statement. His eyes lit up as an idea formed in his brain.

"(Y/N), will you go to the party with me?" The atlantean asked, throwing the words out with enthusiasm that he had been lacking earlier. It was a brilliant idea.

"I - wait, what?" You stammered, blinking in confusion as if you had hallucinated what was just said.

"Yes! You can go with me and I don't have to show up alone. Miss (L/N), would you like to go with me?" Kaldur was practically beaming with excitement, well he wasn't but you'd like to think was, as he practically asked out his oldest friend.

"I'm not so sure." You murmured, uncertainty lacing the words.

"I'll pay you. Or owe you a favour. Or something!" Kaldur was practically begging, meeting his friend's (E/C) eyes with his own. The look the atlantean sported made you want to laugh, he was trying the puppy dog look. A look that the you had been trying to teach him for nearly five years.