Thirty-Eight

[Sunday, March 23 2015, Mexico, 11:17am]

[L O U I S]

I practically had my face glued to the car window as we rode down the streets of Mexico, coming from the airport and heading to our hotel. The whole place was beautiful so far, then again I'd only been out of the country once, so any new place was deemed to be amazing.

"You hate it, I can so tell," Harry spoke up, sarcastic.

I smiled, and shot him a look, "Oh yeah, it's terrible," I said. It made him smile wider, which made me want to burry my face in his neck and hug the life out of him.

"Our hotel is about ten more minutes away, so we'll be there soon," he told me.

I turned my body to face him, "What're we doing when we get there? Besides unpacking a bit," I so wanted to get down to the beach, or sightseeing, or anything really. It was Mexico. Everything seemed exciting.

Harry and I chatted for the remainder of the ride to the hotel, and got unpacked and changed after a quick shower and snog. Then, with the excitement practically flowing out of me, we rushed down to the beach. The air was perfect. Hot with a breeze and no humidity.

"There's a little bar I know down this way a bit. It's almost right on the beach. We can walk there, even," he said. I nodded, grabbing ahold of his hand and keeping up with his long strides, even in the sand.

I looked to the left, out at the ocean and sky. The sun was still shining bright against my back, and small clouds scattered against the blue sky. The buildings weren't like the ones in Manchester. They were older, artistic, and full of character. Colors everywhere that made the place seem so bright but so at ease at the same time.

"This place is beautiful," I sighed, leaning my head against his arm as we walked. I could see the bar he was talking about. It was right on the beach in the sand, with bar stools all around it. I didn't understand how the stools were stable in the sand, but it looked cool.

"Yeah, definitely an amazing place to be," he kissed the top of my head, snaking his hand from mine and wrapping it snug around my waist as we walked.

I couldn't help but grin, "Best two month anniversary," I looked up at him.

He smiled down at me, and kissed my lips, "That's weird," he mumbled as he pulled away. We had stopped walking, and his hands clutched mine. Our arms hung between us.

"What, that it's only been two months?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Yeah. I mean I've known you for about three and a half months, but we've only been dating for two. And I've already hit all the bases," he joked.

I shook my head, nudging his stomach with my elbow, "Guess you just work quickly, Styles," I said. My smile was bigger than ever. It still got to me sometimes how I was dating Harry Styles. My idol and present boyfriend as well as one of my many best friends.

"That I do," he smirked. I rolled my eyes fondly. He held back his laughter, and started walking again, pulling me along until I found my footing beside his long strides.

"Want a beer?" he asked.

I nodded, and when realization struck I almost 'awed' "You can drink legally in the U.S. now, babe."

Harry shot me a funny look, "Lou, you know we're in Mexico, right?" once again he gave me a cheeky smile.

"Oh shut up smart ass," I bumped his arm with my shoulder as we approached the bar.

After getting our beverages, Harry laid his large towel out on the harder sand for both of us to sit on. I snapped a few pictures of the beach and Harry, but soon afterwards I saw a few girls looking at us. I leaned back onto Harry, who grabbed my hip and bicep to keep me up, and turning my head to talk quietly in his ear. "I think you've got some fans."

"Where?" he perked up, looking around us. I nodded towards them, and once he spotted them he gave a wave. They freaked out, and I almost died at the girls reactions, knowing that if it was me I'd be almost dying as well.

The three of them came over. Harry stood up, giving the trio hello's and hugs before asking for their names. They had Mexican accents, but spoke amazing English. I watched in awe of how he interacted with them, only slightly taking in his toned body. His tattoo's littering his torso and the fading stripe of green in his short hair. One of the girls was practically dying, I could tell. It brought me back to when that was me, when I was only a fan that daydreamed about Harry twenty-four seven. Wishing that I could even speak one word to him, or have him know that I existed. A tweet, or a glance, or simply being in the same room. And then suddenly he was the person that got to be closest as ever to me. The one person that I got to be skin to skin with, hands tugging on hair and lips pushing against one another.

I was brought out of my thoughts by one of the girls, who was waving to me excitedly. I hadn't heard what she had said, but stood up with a smile. "Hi, love!" I greeted, giving her a nice side hug.

"I love you guys so much!" she blurted, "I-I've followed your Twitter for two years now and you're like amazing," she waved at her face as if to cool herself down, "you guys didn't have to acknowledge us at all so thank you so much for letting us get pictures and everything!"

I felt Harry's hand on the dip of my back. "It's no problem at all," Harry told her, "it's just us. We're just like anyone else. I just have a extraordinary job and Louis had extraordinary luck," he chuckled, making me blush. It really was how we managed to even meet. Luck. And damn, was luck an amazing thing.

"Can I get a picture?" the one girl, who hadn't said much the whole time, asked loudly. "I-I mean, like, with both of you, b-but also just of you two alone?"

I didn't want to question why she wanted a picture of just us, but I let her take it. Harry wrapped his arm more around my waist, pulling me close.

After getting all the pictures, the girls left. Harry and I sat down again back on our towel. He leaned his head on my shoulder. I turned my head, kissing his forehead and leaving my lips there for a moment.

"I love you," he murmured, looking up. He pecked my lips. "Okay?"

I nodded, "Okay," I whispered, "I love you."

-

I'm so sorry this took forever to update. but I finally did it and now I have an outline of the rest of the story which sadly isn't so much longer....

BUT ILY ALL OK GOODNIGHT ITS PAST 12am!!