Chapter 8

''I'm not feeling so well, can you take me home?'' Claire says tugging my arm. I realised what a shit friend she actually was and I just wanted to get away from her. I groaned and looked at her. 

''Sure, why not.'' The drive was silent and for once she was quiet. Maybe she really wasn't feeling well. I messed things up with Tasha already so it could not get any worse. 

''Aren't you going to pick that up?'' I ask after her phone starts vibrating in the pocket of leather jacket. She doesn't move for a second and shakes her head.

''No.'' 

I dropped her off at her house where the party was a few days ago. 

''Thanks.'' She says smiling after she climbs out of my Range Rover and goes inside. I drive off and Jackie calls me while I drive home. Weird girl. 

''What's up.'' I say, couldn't care less if the cops saw me with a phone. I was not in the mood. 

''Have you seen Robert?'' 

''Yeah, just left him and Tommy at this club.''

''Oh.''

''Why?''

''We kinda had plans.'' She says quietly. 

''Check you out, you and Robbie? He never told me.''

''I bumped into him yesterday and he's nice.''

''Cool, listen.. Do you know a Kevin? Tasha's friend?''

''The gay one? Yeah, he is so cute, we went shopping a few weeks ago we were gonna go again but I didn't get paid yet.'' 

''He's gay?'' Fuck. I stopped listening to the rest she was babbling on about.

''Did I not just say that?'' She asks.

''Keep your hair on.'' I roll my eyes and park the car in my huge drive way. 

''Anyway tell Robert to pick up his phone if you hear from him.'' 

I quickly text Robert and tell him Jackie is looking for him. I get out my car and open my front door. I need to put my car in the garage because of the weather but I feel too lazy. 

My phone rings again and I check the ID before I ignore it. Why was my father calling me? He usually just called before he showed up.

''Yes.''

''Can't you sound a little happier when your old man calls?'' He asks and I roll my eyes. 

''Depends what this old man wants.''

''Can you check in the head quarters, Abigail forgot to send the contract out. I just want you to look over them.. Now? Just check if they are all doing the right job.''

''Now? Its 10 almost 11 o'clock.''

''Please, they need to go out by midnight. I'll buy you a new car.'' 

''Fine.'' I roll my eyes. Eventhough I have 8 cars already another one wouldn't harm anyone..

I put the white converses I just kicked off back on heading out to LA's Miller's Enterprise head office. 

I should call Tee on the way and I did.

''How dare you..'' She asks. I frown and sigh sofly. Was she still angry.

''What?''

''You cuss me for dancing with Kevin and you take off with Claire?''

''I dropped her off that's all.''