Chapter 21

I find myself at the mall with Ruby. She dragged me from store to store to do her shopping. I was beyond annoyed and tired. When she stopped to chat up some guys for the tenth time, I was sick and tired of her sluttish behaviour.

"What is going on?" I say to her and she frowns and starts to introduce me to these strangers she just met. I put on a sad face and sigh.

"Seriously,  Ruby? Michael has just died and Lisa is only 2 months old! Think about your daughter? Her father is just dead and you are already looking for a replacement. You know maybe they should have kept you in that mental hospital? " I say and the strangers looked shocked. They make up some excuses that they have to go. Ruby's face is to die for. She looks beyond pissed and I laugh so hard I can't breathe.

"Can you now hurry up and pick a fucking dress." She sighes and walks away towards a store with all her shopping bags.

"You're a douche." she says and looks through some dresses. She picks out like five and walks to the fitting rooms. I sit on a bench and sigh checking my phone. I decide to call Tasha and see what's up since I haven't spoken to her all day.

"Hey babe."

"Hey, what's up."

"I'm at my house, theyre moving stuff in."

"Already?"

"Yeah, just small things. What are you doing?"

"At the Mall with Ruby. "

"Ruby? Is that the girl staying at your place?"

"Yeah, you wanna come and get some food with us?"

"No thank you." I am so not telling her that I had a fling with this girl.

"I picked my dress. Let's go cupcake." She walks off to pay and I follow her.

"Your not angry are you?" I say to Tee.

"I haven't decided yet. "

"I'll see you tonight. Bye." I'm annoyed at her because I actually have no intentions for this girl and I'm not doing anything.

We buy some food and milkshakes and afterwards we go home. It's about 5 when we get home and the party is about to start in 2 hours time.

I take a shower, shave and get dressed in a suit for this formal party. Ruby is wearing a black dress that is quite short.

"You look nice." I say fixing my hair in the mirror. It's quite long now and I push it off my forehead into a quiff.

"Can you zip me up?"

"How about no?"

"Come on I wont tell your girlfriend?"

"Oh shut up."

"Come on cupcake." I sigh and zip her up without touching her. I don't wanna give her an impression at all that I am interested.  Or that I am leading her on.

We both go down and there are some people fixing up last minute christmas decorations. My father is dressed up and of course, Karen is here. I roll my eyes and see some people streaming in. I greet the guest of course and Ruby and I sit in the kitchen eating the snacks. We throw food at eachother and basically are just messing around. I wonder if Tasha had showed up yet while pick food off my suit.

Spencer chills with us for a while and we take some shots. Ruby takes one too many maybe.

"Did you invite Rob and Tom?"

"Hell no."

"Why I thought you were close."

I  briefly tell her what has happened and she is shocked. I forget to tell her to keep quiet about it but because of the shots I am too distracted. Sean and Tasha come wondering in and I feel like have stopped breathing. Tasha looks stunning in a white dress that is long but see through from the bottom. I see Spencer choking in his drink but quickly recovering. I also notice Tasha's hair isn't black anymore but a dark shade of brown. It is still wavey and long falling over her shoulders in