Chapter 28

I am sitting outside the hospital room. My father had arranged Gina to be transferred to another private hospitals. I am not feeling well. Sickness mixed with fear. I can't go through this. What? Cancer? Does it fucking run in our blood? Why was everyone I loved disappearing. I can't. Just can't. Tasha got me some water and was sitting next to me.

My father ended the call and stares at me. His eyes are red and he looks frustrated.

"She is being transferred tonight if she wants to. However, there isn't much they can do. She found out way too late and it spread everywhere. She has.. maximum 2 weeks." My father says and I freeze. The cup I had in my hand drops on the floor and I stand up. My breathing fastens and suddenly stops. I was having another panick attack. I start heeving and gasping for air but nothings coming out.

"I.. can't.."

"Josh.. calm down. Stop breathing. Josh, stop breathing. Hold your breath in." My father says and I am losing focus. I can hear voices but nothing seems to  get through me. I sit down on the floor and I see Tasha sitting down with me on the floor. Her lips crush onto mine forcing me to stop breathing. For a few seconds,  I close my eyes and I kiss her back. My panick attack is slowly dissapearing and I relax.

"Okay thats enough kids." My father says and Tasha pulls back. I catch my breath and look at Tasha. She gets up and I do the same sitting down on the uncomfortable stools. I put my head in my hands and sigh. Why was this shit happening.

"This shit isn't right. Just can't be."I say and Tasha sits down next to me and I sit up straight.

Some guy walks through the door and looks at us. His eyes are bloodshot and he looks like he is stressed out.

"David Miller?" He says to my father who nods. "We spoke on the phone? Where is she?" He says and I hear how thick his accent is. He must be Georgio.

"There." My father points at the door after briefly explaining everything.

After an hour, Gina comes outside.

"What are you doing?" I say and Georgio is behind her holding her hand.

"Not much how about you?" She tries to joke.

"I mean why you out here?" I say and she rolls her eyes. She looks pale as hell and sighs.

"I wanna go home."

"Dad went to get some coffee. Let's go." I say to Gina and she shakes her head.

"Home Josh. Venice."

"Oh.. I want you to come with me. I want to get married just before.." She has tears in her eyes and I shake my head.

"No! Shut up. Stop saying shit like that."

"Josh.." She hugs me and I sigh. I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly. I don't want to lose her. My best friend.. My aunt. She helped me through so much and I don't think I will recover without her.

She made me understand what death was and how my mother wasn't going to come back. She made me accept it eventhough it took a while.

"I want you both to come." Gina says and lets go of me. Tasha stands next to me and is whiping her cheeks.

"Sure.. Yeah.. of course." Tasha says and Gina hugs her. She smiles and kisses her cheeks.

"I need to get changed out of this.." Gina says and pulls a face. She is wearing a hospital gown.

"Let me help you." Georgio says and he takes Gina back into the room. I sigh and I feel like my blood is boiling. I don't understand the emotions going through me.