Chapter 16

Who would have thought that Tasha's mother would return? I felt sorry for them to be honest but I also felt the urge to protect Tasha from anything that could hurt her. Even if it was her own mother. We all sat in quietness when I hearbthe front door. Moments later Sean stormed in the room like someone has been chasing him. He looked at us and started cursing.

"Shit shit shit shit."

"Can you calm down?" Tasha says. She is sitting in between ny legs and I am leaning against the massive head bord of the bed. She seemed calm and I understood why. She just didn't know how to act I guess.

"Dads on his way." Mckaila said throwing her phone on the floor next to her where she sat Indian style.

Twenty minutes have passed and we sat in silence most of the time. Sean kept repeating what a horrible mother she was and that they shouldn't even have let her in. I played with Tasha's bra strap as she bit her white painted nails.

"We should go downstairs. " Seans says after a while.

"I will leave you guys to it." I tell them but mostly Tasha.

"No!" She says and Sean and Mckaila both roll their eyes.

"I saw that." I tell them and narrow my eyes jokingly.

"Its kinda weird me being in the middle of all of this." I carry on.

"Please stay.." She kisses my lips and I sigh

"Fine." We walk downstairs and as if on que Mr. Reynolds walks through the door. He looks anxious as hell.

"Joshua, hi son."

"Hi sir." I say and Tasha puts her fingers through mine. Mr Reynolds obviously sees this and just pretends he doesn't.

"Wheres your mother?" He asks and we all walk through to the living room.

"What the hell are you doing here Jane." He says angrily and Tasha grips my arm.

"Here to tell the truth. She is 18 and deserves to know. They all deserve an explanation David."

"What explanation?" Seans says and everyone is quiet for a while.

"I will start from the beginning. Your grandfather was a very rich man. My father was respected and known everywhere. I was his only child and tge wealth would be passed on to me. However I should marry a rich man who was respected and therefore the wealth would be protected. Your father and I never got a long really well even after our arranged marriage. We tried and made it work. We had Sean and for a while it went okay. Then we had Tasha and I quit my job and became lonely and bored so I put my interest in you. I wanted for you to come out as perfect people and if you had done that and followed what I wished you did you would have." I can't believe the arrogance of this lady. I felt sorry for her. Her life sucked. She ran a finger through her hair and stood up. continuing.

"Your father went away more and more and started to have a business with Melissa and Peter Matthews. " I look at both of them and wonder what the Matthews have to do with anything. 

"Your father cheated on me several times even with Melissa who became pregnant with his child." Everyone stopped breathing for a second and my eyes feel like theyre about to pop. Tasha is now clinging on to me for dear life. Mr Reynolds is pacing up and down avoiding any eye contact with his children.

"Melissa pretended as if it was Peter's child. After she gave birth she was told the baby didn't make it. But it did. That baby was Mckaila." All eyes were on Mckaila she opened her mouth but closed it again. I was shocked. Everything was in slow motion and I fixed my gaze on the ground.