3//Who's out there?

*Week time skip*

C A R L

I wake up from my warm, comfy slumber in a proper bed, not a metal bed with a mattress as thin as a pancake. The house is completely empty, its quiet and tranquil.
I make my way down the stairs, and drag myself into the kitchen and grab an apple when I heard Judith crying. I guess the house wasn't completely empty after all, I run back upstairs and get her out of her crib. She was so cute, she's starting to look just like my mom.

"Morning Judy" I coo.

She giggles and starts playing with my hat, I put her in the stroller and decided to take her for a walk around Alexandria, I want to explore and look around.

There were children playing around outside being loud, it was almost as if they were oblivious to what the world was outside.

I see a girl sitting with her legs stretched out on a bench smile at me, she has a journal in her hand that she's writing in, I recognised her from that burnt down house outside the gates.

"Hey Carl." I heard someone say.

I turned around to see that it was Carol.

"Oh hi Carol, how are you?" I asked her.

Carol has always been like a motherly figure towards me ever since my mom died.

"I'm doing just great, would you like me to take Judith for you?" She sounded really happy.

"That would be great, thank you Carol." I said hugging her.

"Really it's no problem, I love spending time with this little one. See you later for dinner okay, I just whipped up a batch of my special cookies." She smiled walking to her and Daryl's house.

I ran over to the fence and began climbing it, I always enjoyed climbing things like trees when I was younger so I was pretty good at climbing this fence.

I wonder out quite far into the woods, but not so far that I couldn't see the fence, I began climbing up a tree and perch myself on one of the branches. I open up my backpack and whip out a comic that Michonne brought me back when we were staying in the prison, I had already read it like a million times but it was my favourite one by far.

I begin reading it when I heard some branches snap, I quickly took my gun out of the holster and aimed it down below the branch.

A girl with long brown hair stepped out with her arms in the air as if to say she were surrendering, it was that same girl that smiled at me. She had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen.

I quickly placed my gun back in the holster.

"Sorry" I said to her.

"It's fine, you never know who's out here anymore. I'm Enid."