5//Stay with me

(No ones point of view)

Enid and Carl ran through the woods towards the gate, Carl gave Enid a boost up over the wall and followed up after her.

Two days ago on the day they had arrived, Rick had gotten into a fight with a man named Pete, He was abusing his wife and Rick wanted to put a stop to it. It was now getting quite dark and they ran over to where they could see a fire in the distance.

"Dad?" Carl called.

Deanna's husband Reg was on the ground , blood spurting out of his neck. Pete was on the cold concrete, a bullet through his head.

"Coral?" Rick said turning around.

He was covered in blood.

C A R L

I Stormed off, I can't believe my dad would do something like that; what is wrong with him?

Pete was a bad man, I get that, but why did my dad have to be the one to deal with it?

Why couldn't he mind his own business just for once?

"Carl" I heard Enid's soft voice say as she followed behind me.

"What?!" I growl.

"Carl, I get that your pissed at what your dad did. But Pete was a bad man, he should have been dead along time ago." She says trying to comfort me.

"He always does this, he interferes with people and then our people either die or get hurt. We're all going to get kicked out now, and it's all his fault! I'm better off without him" I yell continuing to walk away, back to my house, back to Judith.

"Carl" She shouted.

"I know damn well that I don't need him, so don't tell me I'm being ungrateful." I said

She ran up behind me and wrapped her arms around me, at first I tried to fight against it, I tried squirming out of her arms, but she wasn't going to give up any time soon; So I stopped.

"I know you don't, I can see that your strong even through the weakness I see in your eyes. We've both been through a lot." She whispered into my ear.

"Can you stay with me tonight? I don't feel like being alone." I ask her.

"Sure." She smiles.

A/N this Chapter is a bit shorter than usual, I was going to make this one long chapter but I'm putting it into 2-3 parts instead.