~Good Night~

Thalia's P.O.V.

I looked at my phone as I hoped that dad will call me for once at least, I've been calling him for 10 consecutive minutes and yet he's still not answering. I know him, he's not going to leave his phone behind because he knows someone will always be calling him. Once when I was like 10, I just grabbed his phone and told him that someone is calling him, he immediately got mad and told me to never touch his phone. I suddenly got thrown in to reality when a knock came on the door, I dropped my phone on the bed and looked closely to the door.

"It's you" I uttered, Jasper was smiling when he peeked over the door, he seemed too happy and energized even at night. I thought it was my dad but then again, how would he even know where I am if he's not answering my calls. As if he's even worried about me, all he ever told me is that he just forgot about the time, it was a very lame excuse because he's only 43 years old so I wouldn't expect him to have alzhimers.

"Were you expecting another one?" Jasper's smile suddenly fell, he pushed the door until he finally shows himself to me. He was carrying two other pillows and a blanket between his arms, so he used his elbow to close the door.

"No, I was just surprised" I answered truthfully and stood up to get the pillows from him, he was having a hard time walking especially when the pillows are too fluffy and feathery.

"Have you already contacted you father? I'm sure he's worried about you" Jaslered sighed as he leaned on the table but it's like a nightstand at the corner, it's a bit close to me so Jasper was just staring at me from across the room.

"Hmm, I tried calling him but he's not answering" I heaved heavily as my nature of worriedness suddenly flashed in my chest again, he's my dad so I have all the reason to be worried at him but something seems really off, he's acting very cold and different this time.

"Maybe he's just busy or probably he fell asleep" I also had that hypothesis but as I kept on thinking about it over and over again, it's impossible for him to just keep on sleeping like with even when his phone keeps on ringing. Even if his phone is on silent, he would still be awaken with the buzzing sound of the vibrations.

"I guess, I was also thinking about that. But something really seems wrong, everything doesn't seems to fit in the puzzle" I unknowingly uttered that as all the possible reasons clouded my mind again, but nothing makes sense. Nothing. Literaly nothing.

"What puzzle? Were you solving for something?" Jasper asked as he finally took a seat beside me on my bed and looked worried for some reason.

"Nothing, something just crossed my mind" I denied, I know how persistent he is but believe me I'm thankful that he is very persistent of wanting to help me but I don't want him to know everything about me.

"Anyways, I brought this and this for you" He cleared his throat as he seemed to notice how I don't want to talk about the 'puzzle' I would want to solve. He gestured on the 2 more pillows on my lap, he lied down on my lap and pretended like he's sleeping.

"I already have too many pillows Jasper" I uttered as I gently lifted his whole body up and fixed my bed for tonight.

"The more comfortable you are, the more Jasper gets calm" I got shocked and almost ran into Jasper's arms when Mr. and Mrs. Lee suddenly entered my room. It would've been very embarassing if I realled did ran into Jasper's arms, his parents would taunt us till death.

"Good evening Mom, Mr. Lee" I immediately stood up and gave them a polite bow, they smiled at each other before they decised to enter our room. Have they seen Jasper leaning on me?

"Hmm, I think Dad would also fit me doesn't it Yeobo?" I looked at my feet as I immediately understood what he meant, it was so embarassing and nervousness kept on surrounding my thoughts. Mr. Lee kept on telling me to call him dad but I know that was unappropriate, he might misunderstand a thing regarding his son and I.

"Dad, if you're just going to act lovely dovey in front of us, please. Spare us" Jasper said as he pulled my hand and told me to just sit down, I obliged and just sat at my bed calmly as I looked at Jasper's happy family.

"'Spare us', do you want me to crack your bones?" Mr. Lee jokingly asked his son as he head locked Jasper with his arms, Jasper then fought back and almost threw punches at his dad, I might say he even wants to throw his dad on the floor. He must know self defense, he's good in getting away from his father's grip.

"Anyways, we just payed you a visit to make sure if you're alright" Mrs
Lee laughed and took a seat beside me, the both of us are laughinv at how the two man were fighting like crazy.

"And I guess Jasper, my son, here, is really taking care of you. We might as well take our leave so Jasper can still talk about the project the both of you are making" My cheeks flashed pink as I immediately remembered the thing Mr. Lee told us earlier about our 'project'. Even the project word, he still misunderstood it.

"Yeobo" Mrs. Lee nugdged her husband's waist and looked keenly at him.

"Goodnight Thalia, sleep well" Mr. Lee added, I waved goodbye but before I could answer him, Jasper stood up and gently pushed them outside.

"Goodnight mom, goodnight dad" He was the one who answered it for me, he closed the door and turned around, pretty much pleased that I followed his order of sitting on the bed.

"It's already night, I think I shall also leave, you need to rest" I nod my head, I really need to rest. My mind has been thinking of many things today, I most probably need to sleep for 48 hours.

"Thank you, I appreciate it"

"Goodnight" I smiled as he tried to walk towards me, wanting to give me a hug I guess but he stopped himself from doing that and just leaned on the door. He smiled at me before he finally decided to get out of my room, I'm not telling you I hate it when he's in my room but I just want him to rest also since we're both really tired. I lied on my bed and was about to sleep when my phone suddenly rings, I forcefully opened my eyes and saw my dad's name flashing on the screen.

"Dad?" I asked worriedly.

"Where are you?" His voice was cold and sounded like poison if you came to hear it, the way he talks suddenly changed which made me doubt if this man is really my father.

"I was trying to call you earlier but you wouldn't answer, I thought you only left your phone" I told him instead of answein him.

"I did, I went out for a walk" That excuse again.

"At this time? You walked at the streets?"

"Where are you?" I was  expecting him to clarify his self to me but he didn't, instead he asked me a very weird question. This is the first time he ever asked where I am.

"I got stucked at my classmate's house, we were having a project research but then we got happy and forgot about the time. They told me to just stay at their house since they have a spare room here"

"And that classmate of yours is?" I slightly shivered at his deep and powerful voice, it seemed like he wants to do something. To tell something important to me, but his chilly voice scares me. As if he's planning to kill someone, a drug lord or a mafia, but I know my dad isn't someone like that. He's a decent man wo knows what's right from wrong.

"Jasper, the one who you would want to meet"