~An Heir To The Throne~

Thalia's P.O.V.

The doctor told us that I will already be discharged in the afternoon, my... parents are still waiting for me to open up to them while Jasper, is of course still not leaving my side. Flint on the other hand was still busy interacting with the police just to find Jasper's unlce and make him pay for his crimes.

"Goodmorning Thalia, are you hungry? Do you want to eat?" My mom... eventhough I was still shocked from all the things I just discovered, I'm trying my best to know my real parents. They must've been really hurt to know that I'm still doubting them as my parents.

Mom knocked on the door and a nurse opened the door for her, accompaniying her as she walked towards me as she carries a tray full of foods. I then hastily stood up to honor her prescence, the bruises I received last night doesn't hurt that much anymore maybe because of the pain killer that I drank earlier.

"Thank you" I said as she arranged the foldable table infront of me and placed the tray full of foods in display, I'm still not that hungry so I just took a sip of the water and a few bites of the pasta.

"I told Jasper to spend the night here, he'll stay by your side until you're already comfortable with us" I wanted to reject her offer simply because I'm just going to make Jasper my bodyguard, I'll be a nuisance to him and of course he may get mad at me. But I also realized that it's a good idea because Jasper knows me more than Flint or Mrs. Hong, he also knows my whole family and he can tell me stories about them.

"Thalia, I heard many things about you from Jasper. He said you're studying also in their school, can I ask how you got accepted there and what are your hobbies?" I'm not a very talkative person, but seeing my real mom trying to open up a conversation like this breaks my heart. My mind can't believe what's still happening now, but I know in my heart, I believe that they're trully my family.

"I got accepted because of a scholarship they gave me, they were looking for 10 students who are not really heirs to study inside the school and graduate. They're actually helping poor people to study in a higher and greater education. My hobbies are really not that important but I usually draw, paint and listen to music"

"You're a really smart lady, as expected of my daughter" Mrs. Hong raised her hand in the air as if she's planning to caress my hair when she stopped midway and just shooked her head with a bitter smile. I pursed my lips not knowing what I should do in times like this but I promise, I'm going to try my best and be the daughter they missed.

"I'll be looking forward to see your paintings and drawing" Mrs. Hong added as our conversation ended there, I continued eating half of the food my whenever I gulp my food, there's a contraction like feeling in my stomach as I think the pain killer I drank earlier had already worn off.

"Thalia, I know you're still not ready to... be a part of our family but I just want you to know that you'll have a ball later on. I invited some news reporters for you to be known as our daughter, I'm sorry if I had to rush you like this but I'm-" Really excited to have you back... those were the words I longed for someone to tell me, it seems like it's going to give me the feeling of warmth and love. Even if those words were just said, I can already feel her sincerity, a mother's love for her child.

"I understand... mom" Before she could even finish her sentence, I smiled and stared right at her eyes. I know she's doing this for me, she's excited to have me back in their life that's why she's planning to have a party for me.

"C-Can I-I hug you?" Tears were starting to form in her eyes as she hesitantly asked me this question, I nod my head affirming her request as I also opened my arms for her to know that I'm starting to open up to her.

"Oh my dear daughter, you grew up to be a beautiful lady I'm so proud of you" My eyes became blurry as it's my first time hearing someone being proud of me my entire life, Jasper was my rock, my strenght and my shield but this time, I think I need to have the home I want.

«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»«*»

"Hi gorgeous" I turned around to see Jasper standing on the door in my room at Mrs. Hong's house, he was wearing a very fine suit which made him more mature and of course, handsome. He walked infront of me and stopped when I gave him a very nervous smile, then he looked at me and smiled.

"I'm nervous" I was wearing a pastel pink laced dress which is very simple but dazzling, Mom said she and Flint chose this for me. Dad bought me the shoes I'm wearing and Jasper bought the necklace I love. This is the night where I'll be going to revealed as an heir to everyone, this night will change my life...

"Everyone expects you to be but I'm telling you, there's nothing you should be nervous about. Everyone will love you the way I do" My heart is already thumping in nervousness from the event and yet I think Jasper is still trying to make my heart burst, his sweet words followed by his gentle gestures will surely make anyone fall in love. He placed a kiss on my forehead and also on my hand while still staring at my eyes, I started to feel those fluttering butterflies in my stomach as I tried not to smile and cringe.

"I'm proud of you, even if I'm still not your boyfriend I feel proud because of the way you handled everything at lunch. You stood up on your own and welcomed the life you've missed"

"I couldn't stand to see pain in their eyes, it made me hate myself if I would still continue to push them away. They are the people who loved me eversince I was born, they sacrificed everything just for me but the only way I could repay them was to heal all the wounds that happed because of the 'father' I used to respect"

"Enough of the drama's, let's go everyone's waiting for their princess" Jasper extened his arm for me to grab on it and excourted me towards the living room, everyone was staring at me as we slowly walk down from the stairs. I was worried but with Jasper by my side, I know I wouldn't worry that much.