The Presentation Part 3 -The System-

Gleb

"Now I believe you are very curious about our system. We keep talking about the system but we never exactly told you what it is, But today is the day.

We built the system progressively. It didn't happen over one night. There were so many updates we can't count. I'll start from the beginning.

No two people in the entire world is the same, which is nice, but agreeing on something is impossible especially if it is about something that concerns everybody. That's why kingdom is one of the best systems there is. You might not admit it but I did some research about your past systems and empires, The greatest empires had a king, a dictator or something. They always had one great leader and his/her followers.

Now that's not fair but you have to admit that it works. Even today your system have something like this. Maybe you vote to choose him. -If you believe the voting system is fair- But there is always one man in charge.

That always bothered me... Well us... Our world. Think about judges. A judge. A human being. How objective a human being can be? I am sure they are doing the best they can. And I am not judging them... Get it? Judging.. Anyway..

Think about a person whose dad was murdered and grew up without a dad. He loved his dad. They spent so much time together when he was alive. This child has a deep scar. He knows how important a dad can be... Now this kid becomes a judge. And he has to decide a father's fate. He saw his child.He is crying his eyes out. He is yelling "Dad, don't leave me, dad please"

Now in this situation he can not be objective. Even when you heard this story which I made up just now, made all of you upset. That is a humans instinct. You want this child to have his dad. And that's a good thing. But...

Now, even you can't decide for this criminal father, what about the judge I just mentioned. Do you think he can decide properly?

I am sure he is going to try to do his best but that's just simply impossible. People have emotions. Emotions are great, they are fun which is also an emotion but they affect your rational judgement which is the problem.

I'm sure some of you already figured it out, how our system works. You see the problem right. People, we are the problem.

Alright before we eliminate... well 'us' .. from the equation. Let's all think about math, that's right math.

Now I don't know your numbers, how many years a criminal should spend in jail etc. So I'm just going to give random numbers. This is just an example for you to understand.

Ok. A guy stole a car. That's 5 years . But he didn't have a criminal history. He is pretty clean. That's 2 years minus. But he threatened someone with a gun. That's 3 years plus. Alright I have no idea about your system so I'll just shut up. But you got the point right. When it all comes to this, it is an equation. When you have the right equation for each crimes for each situation, a computer can calculate them. Now you are thinking that's crazy, an electronic device will decide for us?

Why not? It has no emotions. It can't do anything more than you programmed. It can't take bribes. Nothing can affect it's judgement. It's completely objective. It can't take sides. I think it makes much more sense than giving all those power to a person who can be sick, go crazy, take money for his decisions, get affected by his feelings etc.

So with every updates, every law, every criteria they are coded in the computer and it decided for us. But... But there is still one big problem. A computer can't decide anything on his own. You have to tell him what to do. So who is gonna do that? Who is gonna tell the computer what to decide.

Now, That's where we come in. And when I say we, I mean everybody. The biggest mistake you make in your system is, you let people decide to choose that who decides for you. So in reality you don't decide anything. You just decide who decides. And people change. Situations change.

So we want to decide on situations, how do we do that?

Think about an app in your mobile devices. Every decision the country has to make, is online in there. And You vote. It's like reading news on your phone but more interactively.

Do you think, should we do this or that? With a single click you contribute to the system.

Now there is an obvious problem. Not everyone has what it takes to decide something that important. Some people are just ... well... stupid.

Of course we thought about this. And here is our solution. We made a rating system for every decision people made. Ok stay with me it gets a little complicated here. Focus. I realise it is a boring subject and I see some of you sleeping but this is the subject and there is nothing I can do , I'm sorry.

Ok we made a rating system and for every decision that makes the majority of the people happy, we gave points to those who voted for this in the first place.

And the exact opposite of this too, of course. If the decision didn't work for us, if everybody hated it, the people who voted for this, have negative points.

So the more points you have, The more important your vote are. That's basically it. It's a little complicated than this. There were so many variables of course and we had a great algorithm, but you get the idea.

So What is the system?

The system is a human based computer that calculates the decisions, a country has to make without getting affected by anything that makes a human deficient..

I'll give you a minute to absorb this. I know you can't accept a machine can be better than you but deep down inside you know I am right. This is the best way to decide objectively.

Thank you all who listened and didn't sleep. We will continue with some of our inventions."