The Presentation Part 5

Gleb

"Sure. By the way I'm sorry the way Saey talked to you.. That's just how he is. We are just trying to help.

Let's cool off a little bit, let me tell you the 'cooling shirt.'

The cooling shirt has small, thin tubes all around it and it carries cold water inside. This way it keeps you cold in hot weathers .It has amazing ...."

Fuska stood up interrupted him.

Fuska

"Alright, alright. A shirt? You are talking about a shirt? What's your point? Let's go to the important part. The Q&A part where people can learn what they actually care."

Gleb

"Alright calm down.."

Fuska

"Sorry, I am bummed out about Saey's speech.

Gleb

"Yeah. Common effect."

Fuska

"Ladies and gentleman. Let's have the questions."

Hey there. We couldn't talk for a while. The presentation parts were longer than expected. I didn't want to intervene too much, since it was a voice record but as you know I was there. 30 people were in that room and I was one of them. The presentation was pretty cool, and some parts ... well boring. For some people.. I liked it because I deeply cared for them, even at that time. I didn't have a plan of writing a book about them back then, but I knew they were gonna be popular.

I remember thinking 'What should I ask them' I only had one shot since everyone wants to ask something. So I didn't jump right into it. I was thinking about the perfect question. And someone raised her hand.

Betty E. Miles

"Hello. My name is Betty and I was one of the first people who got inside your capsule when we first found it. I have obviously never thought one day I get to talk to you, but I thought about it when I saw you in that blue liquid. Anyway I'm a psychiatrist and my question is for Fuska. How did you feel when you first wake up, and the first time you learned, you had been sleeping for so long? How did you feel when you first see... Our world?"

Fuska

"Wow. This is a great question.

It's weird you know. You don't know how long it's been. It feels like a goodnight sleep.And I don't even remember waking up. Do you?"

She asked turning her head to Saey and Gleb. They both shaked their heads and saying, no, no I dont.

Fuska

"I don't remember waking up. I've seen the footage and I don't remember going next to Miresa, crying, or even passing out. My first memory is opening my eyes in the hospital bed which I later found out that it's not a hospital, it's a government base.

First I got crazy, I didn't know what was going on.

When I first woke up, I was still thinking we were in the same time period. Then it started to come to me. I remembered lying in the capsule... and... "

She was living the moment again. Her speech was slowing down. The words were trying to escape from her mouth.

"Then I assumed we achieved the time jump. But.. We didn't speak any English. So they couldn't explain anything to us. And since they don't know who we were, they didn't let us see each other."

It was clear she was still upset about that. Her tone changed when she said 'THEY DIDN'T LET US'

"So. It was very later on, when we found out what year it is, but judging from the environment, people and technology of course, I thought couple of years passed. Maybe 10. And when I say environment I mean my cell."

She wasn't gonna let this go. And she was right, why would she? Think about what she has been through and the way we treated them. I always felt so bad about this, but this was a strange situation and we did what we had to do.

"I literally froze when I found out the 9000 years. By that time it was months later. They didn't tell us at first but people are survivors, they can adapt to anything. That's how we survived all those years."

She wasn't done talking but. She couldn't continue either. She was standing there in the middle of the stage, focused on the empty space, thinking about who knows what. Betty Miles broke the silence.

Betty Miles

"Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry for everything you have been through.But look on the bright side. It is the hardest thing a human ever had to go through.If you can go through this, who can imagine...."

Fuska smiled and went to her seat. While the three of them sitting and looking to each other, another question arrived.

"Hello I'm John Michaels and I wanted to ask what you did, how you spent your time during those 5 months of education?"

Gleb looked at Saey and said

"You wanna take this one?"

Saey

"All yours."

Gleb stood up looking tired and walked through in the middle.

"Well, I can't speak for others, but they gave me a TV and a computer. And of course they taught me how to use it. I had access to internet. But only for research, not for communication. And they were recording everything I did.

We were being interrogated like 3 hours a day, that is the official hours. With the non official parts it lasted like 5 or 6 hours. You know, a lot of waiting and chatting. Of course that's after we can speak. Before that we had English classes 12 hours a day, when the interrogation started the classes were less than that.. like 3 hours a day.

So I had a lot of free time. I'm not much of a sleeper.

I watched TV. And researched your world on the internet, read so much. I am not gonna lie, I am addicted to couple of TV shows, I guess that's how I learned how to speak in such a short time. You know that game of thrones..."

Fuska fake coughed interrupting Gleb

Gleb

"Right. Sorry."

The crowd started laughing.

Gleb

"I'm not ashamed of it. It is good. So that's what I did. And I'm pretty sure the others did the same things since we didn't have much else to do. I know Fuska write her diary. Saey probably focused on his work. You listened to him, you saw how much he knows. "

There goes my question. I wanted to ask how do you know so much about our world. You just came here. I need to find a better one.

Gleb

"Alright. Next question please."

"My name is Mark Jeffrey. My question is for Saey. I just wanna say Who do hell do you think you are? You are born yesterday and yet you came here from your pretentious world to judge us with your stupid inventions, thinking you are better than us? What gives you the right or better yet what makes you qualified to do this?"

The guy was really tense. He was full of rage, He was basicaly screaming. The security came to remove him from the conference room. But, even in his way, the guy was still screaming and continued his question.

"You made a failed cryopreservation system and that makes you important? YOU ARE NOT SURVIVORS, to me YOU ARE KILLERS, KILLERS.... NO leave me alone, how do you know they didn't kill everybody why do you believe them WHY WHY?"

TO BE CONTINUED...