1 | "Suffer in silence."

Chapter 1 "Suffer in silence."

Laura's POV

Don't you just hate it when someone interrupts your sleep ?

Sleep. It's the only thing I'm really looking forward to through the day.

And the worst thing is, on the weekend.

Not even bothering to look at the ID, I picked my ringing phone up.

"What ?", I said in an annoyed tone.

"I did a bad thing.", blurted the person on the other end of the line out.

Lucas.

"Does it affect me ?"

"Um, no."

"Than suffer in silence, Lucas."

"Oh, come on. You could at least offer your help."

"Why act like I care ?"

"Why are you in such a bad mood ?"

"You interrupted my sleep...?", I said like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"It's like 9 am, Laura.", he said and I could imagine him rolling his eyes while saying that.

"Yeah. That's like the middle of the night.", I said matter-of-factually.

"Oh my god..", he sighed. "Anyways, I'm gonna get straight to the point; I had a date planned out with Lia for Saturday but now my mom insists on having a family night on the same day. I tried to tell her that I already had plans and it kind of went to an discussion and now I'm grounded. "

"Gosh, okay lucas. We'll talk later, okay ? I'm still half-asleep and can't think straight."

"Can you define later ?", he said desperate.

"Later in like when I wake up later.", I told him.

"I'll show up at 2pm, is that alright ?"

"Well, let's hope that I'll be awake by than.", I said in the intention to annoy him.

"Shut up and continue your precious sleeping session."

"Don't have to tell me twice, Mr. Reid."

"I'd say thank you for helping but that would be like the biggest lie so I'll leave it like this.", he said, making me laugh slightly.

"As if I care.", I said and hung up.

May I introduce you to one of my best friends since middle school ?

He also happens to be pretty well-known in Eastwood High. While I'm pretty invisible compared to him.

Not that I complain, I like it that way.

Along with him, there are Maia, Jordan and Emma.

It's not like I have many friends but a few close friends are always better than having thousand of fake ones.

The funny thing is that all of us are so different.

Maia is more like the confident girl who also has a passion for music.

Jordan is good-looking and is part of the football team, along with Lucas.

Emma is part of the cheerleader club.

But all of us are friends since middle school.

I love all of them and after all the things we've been through together I also trust them with all of me.