18 |"You have to admit, I'm pretty awesome."

"You have to admit, I'm pretty awesome."

Laura's POV

"A trip ?", I asked surprised.

"Yes, darling. We'll be going on a trip with the geography class !", Emma announced, not trying to hide the excitement in her voice. "Haven't you heard about it ?"

I shook my head even though I knew that she couldn't see me, "Not until now.", I clarified.

"Well, they announced it today. I'm so excited !", she squealed through the phone.

I breathed a laugh out. "I've never seen you get so excited about a school trip."

"Well, it's because we'll be going there together !", she said while than quietly adding, "And Dave's gonna be there too."

I than smirked, knowing her intention behind this.

"I know, I know.", I admitted before taking some books out of the bag that I took to the library before. "Anyways, I gotta do some homework, call you later.", I said.

"Alright, love you.", she said.

"Love you too.", I replied before hanging up and opening a book about literature.

Just as I was about to turn the page, an unknown number light the screen of my phone up. I furrowed my brows while picking it up and accepting the call before holding it up to my ear, "Hello ?"

"Hi there, Princess.", I heard from the other line of the call and I didn't have to think twice to guess who it was.

"Where did you get my number from !?", I asked.

"I got it from Jordan.", he said casually. "I mean, we should have each other's numbers by now.", he added matter-of-factually.

I rolled my eyes before leaning against the head of my bed. "And what would be the intention behind this call ?", I asked.

"You know, since Dave seems busy with Emma nowadays and Chris' is all busy dealing with girls and the other members of the football team are trying their hardest to save their grades to keep their position in the team a-"

"Get to the point, Ross.", I interrupted him before he could go on and on about how busy everyone was.

I heard him breath a laugh out before saying, "Wanna hang out with me ? I'm really bored right now."

Before I could stop myself from saying it I blurted out, "Are all of your other girls busy ?"

I heard him huffing before saying, "Would you please stop.. They're not as fun as you."

I couldn't hide the amusement in my voice as I said, "They're not as fun as me ? Well, you have to admit it, I'm pretty awesome."

"Well, duh.", I heard him say in a sarcastic tone which made me laugh.

"Where would we go ?", I asked, getting actually interested. "I mean I do have some homework left to do so your offer should be quite impressive."