37 | "I guess this is what they call destiny."

"I guess this is what they call destiny."

Laura's POV

"Before I forget it, here's your jacket.", I said to Ross while opening up my bag to give it to him but he waved it off.

"As I told you before, I don't mind you keeping my jackets.", he said with a slight smirk.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him, "Whatever you say, I'll be giving these back to you anyways some other time.", I told him.

"Don't think so.", he said before winking at me. "See you tomorrow, Laura."

"You bet I will and yeah, see you later. Thank you for the ride, Ross."

"Nothing to thank me for. I enjoyed your company.", before smiling one last time at me and driving off.

When I got to our door, I got my keys out and was about to unlock it before I realized that it wasn't locked.

I opened the door and saw my parent's shoes and realized that they were home after a long time again.

"Is that you , sweetheart ?", I heard my mother's voice from the livingroom.

"Yes, Mom.", I responded while joining them in the livingroom.

"So how was your weekend with your friends ?", my father asked me with a smile.

"It was really fun.", I told them truthfully.

"Well, you probably wanna shower and get some rest, right ?", my mother asked me.

"Well, yeah. Kind of.", I responded with a smile before asking, "For how long will you be staying home ?"

My parents looked at eachother before my mum started speaking up, "Well, for a couple of days, Sweetheart."

"Really ?", I said happily.

"Yes, hopefully we'll be able to spend some time together.", my father told me.

"Well, that's awesome than ! I'll be looking forward to it.", I said excitedly before excusing myself.

"Wait."

I stopped walking and looked at my father. "What is it ?"

"Is that a guy's jacket on your arm ?", he asked while eyeing the jacket I had slung over my arm.

"Oh, uh, yeah but it's just a friend's. Nothing more.", I reassured them with a smile. "Gotta go."

They shouldn't get the wrong idea, right ?

After that day, school continued as usual. Also, all the exams were going to start soon so we also had a lot of assignments to do. One of them was announced by our Geography teacher just now.

"You'll be working in groups of two. I already chose your partners so there wouldn't be such a hassle. I'll be handing out what the requirements for this assignment are and who your partner is going to be. ", she said before pausing and adding, "I'll be looking forward to it."

Emma and I groaned in unison while she started to hand out the papers.

"Why is she doing this ?", she said frustrated while resting her head on her hand and looking at me. "As if having to do an assignment isn't bad enough."

"I can only agree.", I told her with a sigh. "I'm pretty sure she became a teacher with the intention of torturing students.", I added with a whisper, making Emma snicker beside me.

"Laura Marano...", I heard our teacher mumble  so I raised my hand. "Here."

She looked up at me and walked over to where we were seated and gave me the paper. "And Emma...", she said while looking through the papers and giving her her paper.

She went on with handing out the papers and Emma turned towards me. "So ?? Who's your partner ?"

"Let's see...", I said while turning my attention to the paper and searching for the name of my partner.

"Ross Lynch ?", I read out loud.

"You're partnered with Ross ?"

I looked up at her and shrugged, "Seems like it."

A knowing smile formed on her lips and she nudged me with her shoulder, "I guess this is what they call destiny.."

"Shut up.", I mumbled when I saw Ross coming our way and sitting down in the seat across from me.

"When are we going to meet up ?", he asked right away.

"Let's see...", I said while thinking about my plans this week.

"What about tomorrow ?", he suddenly asked.

"Tomorrow ?", I repeated. "I was going to meet up-", I started while turning towards Emma but she interrupted me right away.

"I think tomorrow would be perfect for Laura. You should start working on that project as soon as possible so that you can finish-"

Ross raised his brow while looking between us and chuckled, "Alright, tomorrow it is.", before he added, "Where are we gonna meet up ?"

"Well my house is gonna be vacant tomorrow I guess so we could meet up there ?", I suggested.

He stopped for a second before nodding in agreement and standing up," Alright than."

Just after he walked away Emma smirked at me.

"What is it ?"

"Why did you feel the need to mention that your house is vacant.. ?", she asked me.

"Why ? I mean so that we could have.. a better atmosphere to work in ? I mean there wouldn't be any disturbing noises or parents a-"

"Are you sure that we're talking about the same project ? Feels like you're talking about something else.", she wiggled her eyebrows.

"What i-", I started suddenly realising what she meant and hit her arm. "STOP THAT.", making other persons turn to our direction.

"Uh sorry.", I said with an apologetic smile and turning to look back at Emma with a death stare.

"Well, I'm just saying."

"Then don't."

I was so focused on the situation that I totally forgot about the fact that my parents were home for once.

Little did I know that it would end up in the chaos it ended in..

•••

Hello there my lovely readers, congrats if you're still reading this🙂

-fave line ?🌷

-What chaos do you think Laura is talking about ?🙃

-Do you have any friends that tease you like Emma teases Laura ?🤭

Stay healthy and stay safe🦋

-tice