8 | "Did she torture you much ?"

Chapter 8 "Did she torture you much ?"

Laura's POV

"But the essay that is due monday a-", I tried.

"No buts, Laura. Today you're going to have a day off, if you like it or not. I don't care. You're going to Chris' party with us. I'll be there in a few and help you choosing an outfit.", Maia said from the other side of the line before ending the call.

I sighed and fell backwards on my bed.

I don't wanna go to that party.

Why doesn't anyone get how socially awkward I am ?

Just than the doorbell rang and I stood up to get it. It's not like anyone's at home to get it anyway..

"Hello, Darling. Let's go and see if you have something that you can party in.", Maia greeted me as soon as I opened the door.

I was about to close the door again but she was faster and put her foot between the door and the door frame. "Not so fast."

I sighed before ignoring her statement and making my way upstairs to my room. I sat down on my bed and knew what I was about to get through.

Dressing up.

I mean, yeah it was fun when I was a kid but, gosh do I hate it to change my pj's. I was so ready to sit on the couch and laze the whole weekend in front of the TV by watching Stranger Things or Teen Wolf.

There goes my plan..

"Okay, let's see..", Maia said as she began roam through my closet. "You know, you really have so many nice things to wear but never make the effort to dress up. Such a shame.", Maia said while shaking her head before picking some outfits out and putting them on the chair next to her.

I looked at Maia and sighed. She looks good in everything. 

"Ooookay, I think this could work.", she said while picking out the third outfit and putting it on the chair. "Now it's your turn to dress up, Laura."

I sighed again and than stood up while taking the clothes and going into the bathroom. "I'll be right baaaack."

And that's how I literally had to change three times before Maia was kind-of satisfied with my outfit.

I looked in the mirror after she also curled my hair and did my make-up.

"Maia, they aren't even going to recognize me like that.", I said matter-of-factually.

"Well, isn't that what you want ? If you've got luck, no one will recognize you and you can continue to live on invisible."

I just rolled my eyes and decided to not answer that.

She took her phone out and as soon as she looked on her screen she smiled big. "Jordan's here. He's our ride to the party, let's go."

We both went downstairs and I tried to go as slow as possible but than she dragged me out of the house. Well thank you so much for your generous patience, my friend.

I took the keys and put them in my purse after locking the door. When we arrived to the car, Jordan smiled at Maia and when his look fell onto me his smile faded.

"Maia Mitchell, what the hell did you do to Laura ?", he gave me a concerned look as I sat down next to him in the front seat. "Did she torture you much ?"

I looked at him and put a hand on my chest as I gave him the most despair look I could give. "You have no damn idea, Jordan."

He than shook his head while staring the engine and driving afterwards.
"Seriously Maia how did you get her to go to this party in first place ?!"

She shrugged with a knowing smile on her face as I turned around to glance at her. "I have my ways, Jordan."

For the rest of the ride we just talked about some regular stuff before arriving to the party.

Little did I know that I was going to regret this so damn hard.

°°°

DIDNT UPDATE FOR SO LONG, IM SO SORRYYYYYYYYYYY

School fucked me up lately, not gonna lie to you guys.

Fave Line ? <3

-t.